Gruppo : Sram Rival
WS : Easton EA70SL

Accs: King Cages SS, Thomson seatclamp

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ordered a Lynskey R150 Limited Edition after wanting for so long to own a Titanium Road Bike. Initially I was keen on getting the Motobecane LeChampion Ti SL but I opted for the R150 because of its geometry (taller headtube) compared to the Ti SL.

I still don't have it with me, it's stored by a family relative, but here's the pics as was shipped.

IMG_20160902_131024.jpg

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
I've been enjoying my R150 since early winter. Quality frame with quality ride. Tough letting your relative unpacking it

I had to unpack at UPS because box wouldn't fit in car

Post pics when built

·
Registered
20 Posts
Still tweaking, but is making me love gravel more than asphalt.

View attachment 313815
Nice build! ...all those steer tube spacers though! It puts a lot of stress on the steer tube. If you want the handlebars at that height, I'd recommend going with a 17 degree stem flipped up and removing a bunch of those spacers. Some manufactures recommend no more than 40 mm of spacers. I doubt Lynskey would be different, especially if that fork has a carbon steer tube.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My R240 all finished. Size XL, came in at 18.5 pounds. So far, really enjoying the ride (have about 50 "test and tune" miles on it)
R240 Finished.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Orange is the best color! But being married to a Texas Aggie, my Orange wearing, kit sporting days are over. Great looking bike. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wifey's R255 Build for Dallas MS Ride

Built my wife her first roadbike, R255 XS Industrial Mill, this past winter with full Rival, Fulcrum 7s, Fabric Scoop saddle, Shimano R550 pedals, and some Performance pieces (tape, alloy post, stem, and handle bars). All in I was about +/- $1,900. Recently added a Lezyne Macro GPS unit with cadence and speed sensor which was another $140. I think the Lynskey frames from their ebay site are great values. No guarantee on the winning bid, but it enabled me build up a "for life" bike at a reasonable cost. I find the ride to be lively vs my Domane. Not knocking Trek. IsoSpeed is real. That thing is butter, but just a different feel and more isolation from the road than I probably really want.

I posted for input on a frame for myself, would appreciate your input. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
R255

R255 complete. Awaiting inline seatpost (Thompson or titanium), selle smp and cut steerer tube. Tiagra 4703 is like butta.

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
R255 complete. Awaiting inline seatpost (Thompson or titanium), selle smp and cut steerer tube. Tiagra 4703 is like butta.

Is that an Easton EC90 0 degree stem? What type of fork?

Looks great. The new Tiagra looks high end.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Is that an Easton EC90 0 degree stem? What type of fork?

Looks great. The new Tiagra looks high end.
Thank you! Yes on the stem...The Fork is Easton EC90, the painter was supposed to remove the logos and leave a matte finish but painted it flat black instead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just adding to the pictures. This is my R240 I built this winter. I'm really enjoying it and the ride qualities. It weighs about 18.2 pounds

R240 complete.jpg Lynskey Finish.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got my R260 (finally!) 2018 01 17

The bike is FANTASTIC!

I've got some problems with the company, though, and will spin that into a separate thread in the general area.

DSCN6449m.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thinking of getting a r260 rim brake or Helix Sport rim brake from the Lynskey sale. Pretty sure of sizing from their chart at 6'2" I would take a large, geometry is the same for both. I'm after opinions on either. I like the appearance of traditional tubes of the 260 but maybe thinking the helix sport would be better performance??? Or have i over though this, I'm no racer, just like to ride fast when possible and i just want a bike i'll love for years.

241 - 260 of 280 Posts