Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I don't think my drop bar levers will work so i'm looking at the aero levers that act as bar ends. TT levers, I think. so i'm looking at them and I don't see where the cables come out. do I have to drill the bar? do they run along the bar? need to pull the trigger soon because the bar is here and the tape will be here tomorrow. HELP?!?!?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Can you better describe what you bought? Maybe a link? It's not clear to me what you're asking. One thing though -- it's never a good idea to drill holes in a handlebar.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Can you better describe what you bought? Maybe a link? It's not clear to me what you're asking. One thing though -- it's never a good idea to drill holes in a handlebar.
He's talking about levers like these that install in the end of the bars. Often called "reverse" levers.
https://www.amazon.com/Cane-Creek-Trial-Levers-Black/dp/B000ZTNXCS
The cables run along the bottom of the bar. You don't have to drill anything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes. those are them. thanks. i'm not good at attaching links. i'm a bit challenged, technologically. so my bars arrived and I figured I would rush to rip the drop bars out and re-use the levers and bar tape. well, sadly this was not to be and i'm now without a bike waiting for the rest of my parts to arrive. gonna be a good few beautiful riding days without my trusty new ride. oh bother.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts