Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool: how cool is that?

·
Diesel Engine
898 Posts
You suck!

Just kidding. Had my 2nd ride this year sans warmers on Saturday and it was nice till I realized:
  • I'm very white (good thing for sunglasses)
  • It gets real cold real fast in the afternoon in the winter
So, yesterday's ride required leg warmers for the whole ride and arm warmers/vest for the non climbing parts. Some of my friends rode more last week (300 mi) than I have all year. Oh well, I got in 80 this weekend so at least I'm pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I hate you...

We are getting hammered in the NorCal foothills about 50 miles east of Sacramento. A few weeks ago I was out riding in the sun, slapping on sunscreen and thinking that spring was on the way. The jet stream pushed all the rain our way again, through San Francisco and up the I-80 corridor and dumping lot's of rain. I got to ride a couple of days last week as they were wrong with their weather forecast (are these people ever right?) I just checked the forecast for this week and it is calling for cold rain all this week through Friday. I was getting ready to ride and pulled my truck out of the garage and the skies look very dark and cloudy, now the sun is out again. I guess I will just head out and take a chance. Old people melt when they get wet just like the wicked witch in the Wizard Of Oz........In a couple of months we will be talking about riding in the heat, life goes on......

·
Registered
330 Posts
Soon, very soon...

Just got back from a weekend of awesome Ice climbing in N.H. to see a couple of riders hammering along in my suburban Boston neighborhood. Time to put away the Ice tools and don the lycra
Whoo Hooo!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
50F on the Weekend.

"The Bug" says 50f on Sat and Sunday! Whooppppeee!!!:D I might even get the KG 461 out

·
Roadies Rejoice
975 Posts
No wonder...

J's Haiku Shop said:
:cool: how cool is that?
you post monthly milage polls which "exclude" trainer/roller miles. I propose no miles completed below the mason/dixon line be included.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Got my first "good" ride in yesterday.

Which reminds me of one of the "Cycling Truths": The first time of the year you go riding in shorts you'll quickly regret not having leg warmers. I got home with my legs a nice pink (and it wasn't a sunburn.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts