Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first fixed bike.

I took it out for the first time today.

A little weird starting/stopping in traffic, but I'm already getting used to it.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
This is my first fixed bike.

I took it out for the first time today.

A little weird starting/stopping in traffic, but I'm already getting used to it.
Is it the chrome model or the 2006 green? If green does it look better than it does on the site?

How long was the wait after placing your order? MSRP is around $550 according to their site, was the final price substantially lower?

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, TY, but you'll have to look out for me in green!

Matanza, can't seem to find the pic of the green one online, but i love how the bike looks. It was kind of a b1tch to find and order, especially in green. The local dealer didn't have any in stock, so I found a place online that was willing to bend the rules and let me order online. I think I got it for an even $500. They had a few come in the store and "accidentally" sold them rather than ship out to me, so that was kind of a bummer. And they put it together like crap. Frayed brake cable, bar tape in the wrong direction, front wheel completely out of true, etc.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Thanks, I'm flying to delaware in June (no sales tax state plus there's a distributor there) and I want to have one ready when I get there to keep in shape while there on business about three months. I figure it's a good opportunity to get that fixed I've wanted and not have to pack my good bike up.

·
pinoy thunder
341 Posts
$500? Plus shipping right? Pls. post a link to the website..
I've been lusting for that green Pista for a couple of months now.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the chrome a lot, but the green is a nice change of pace. And a little retro. Looks great with my Brooks on it.

This is the store. Again, they kind of made an exception for me as they're not supposed to sell online.

If I get a minute, I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've got the 'battleship grey' from a couple of years back - way too cool looking! Changed the setback seatpost for a zero setback Syncros, fitted different bars and a pair of Shimano levers with front brake. Great ride, though the 48 x 18 I fitted is still a little on the high side - it came with a 48 x 16, not exactly what I'd use outside of Florida or a velodrome!

Biggest problem with the lower gearing thing - I can't find a bigger cog and would need a new longer chain to accept one, and can't find a black 45 ring that doesn't cost a serious % of what the bike cost new :(

This new green with panelling looks good but if they come out with Celeste, I'd be really having to try and explain to wifey (who bought me the grey one!) why I needed another ...

Whatever, great riding bike at a staggeringly low price.

Dereck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts