Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was stopped at a red light, it turned green and I start to engage the clutch when I got hit. Guy must of been further down the street and just saw the green because I didn't hear any attempt to stop. Claimed he just got off work and probably zoned out. Sucks but I will get it fixed with a trip to the junk yard, its my beater DD and it has already been through a lot. Glad is an old car where I can actually work it on it myself. Its times like that where I kinda wonder why I am on the streets without surrounding myself in a steel cage.

Might be nice to move somewhere less congested and just be able to ride down country roads and maybe get myself a few chickens to get fresh eggs and not have to hear helicopters and cars at night.

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
That's a drag. My wife and I got rear-ended while stopped about 6 weeks ago. He was cool though and his insurance is cooperating. I took lots of pictures and wrote down everything asap (do it while it's fresh!!)
Document any visits to the chiropractor, etc...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, well it was pretty minor. I have a 500 dollar deductible and the damage is a lot less than that. So we settled it with a cash deal. I even found a guy on the forums with a replacement rear bumper for 30 bucks, but its not in perfect shape. If I can't anything better I'll go pick it up from him, just need to find some bumper shocks and I will spray it to match the car myself.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
e34john said:
Yea, well it was pretty minor. I have a 500 dollar deductible and the damage is a lot less than that. So we settled it with a cash deal. I even found a guy on the forums with a replacement rear bumper for 30 bucks, but its not in perfect shape. If I can't anything better I'll go pick it up from him, just need to find some bumper shocks and I will spray it to match the car myself.
Wow, next time I rear end somebody, I hope I'll rear-end you!

(Good on ya for the simple fix)

·
Honey Smack!
7,966 Posts
e34john said:

He hit you, your deductible doesn't factor in, his insurance pays. Glad you are ok and it wasn't worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts