Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, bought a Hong-Fu frame last year, never rode it, felt owning a Chinese carbon was uncool, bought a Guerciotti Cartesio frame which will arrive this week. Very excited and feel much more cool now.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
How did you get rid of it?

Len

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I have heard that many of the big Italian name brands are farming out to Asia to be made, something about most of the raw materials are from there. I just read that Colnago still makes their C59 in Italy. Somec makes all their bikes in Italy.

·
BONC founding member
107 Posts
Another frame as soul-bearing totem thread. Take the frame off the wall and give it to somebody who can use it now.
Trying to nip this in the bud; from becoming also another "esploding carbon" spiel. The portent of a bicycle frame -for whatever its born consequence- underutilized is the only uncool thing I can think of.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The vast majority of high end bike frames are made in Taiwan/China these days. Perhaps someone else has the exact figures? Only select few like the C59 can claim to be made in Italy but you pay the price dearly, for that exclusivity. Being made in China doesn't automatically mean that its a ticking time bomb waiting to "esplode" and I've heard many guys who are extremely pleased with their Hong Fu bikes. Like everything else from China, you can get some really great stuff and also crap, you just have to be careful, just my 2 cents.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Seriously dude. It is a fine bike frame. Just put it on ebay and get your $350 back. A label doesn't give you more status, unless you are in high school.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Not worried about labels. It was $450 thank you. Lol
Long story short, bought a Hong-Fu frame last year, never rode it, felt owning a Chinese carbon was uncool, bought a Guerciotti Cartesio frame which will arrive this week. Very excited and feel much more cool now.
So now you own two Chinese frames, one just has labels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.