Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can this be used as a race tire? On my new bike it didn't seem to grip as well as pro race3. Many people say it grips well.

My bike isn't adjusted properly, yet and my cornering skills arent that great.

How does cornering grip compare to Vittoria CX, and other race tires?

· Registered
2,745 Posts
I never push it to the edge but I can't detect a difference between GP 4000's and Vittoria Corsa as far as cornering goes. I don't back off sooner with one compared to the other.
I've heard the GPs ain't so good on wet roads but have never had a problem myself. But again I don't push it to find the limit.

· old school drop out
1,578 Posts
I've raced on GP4000 tires (although I'm not fast), and ride them regularly. I prefer them to the Michelin tires - although I've not bought a Michelin tire in the past 5 years. Everyone has different preferences. If you don't feel comfortable on the GP4000, it's not a good tire for you.

· Registered
192 Posts
laffeaux said:
I've raced on GP4000 tires (although I'm not fast), and ride them regularly. I prefer them to the Michelin tires - although I've not bought a Michelin tire in the past 5 years. Everyone has different preferences. If you don't feel comfortable on the GP4000, it's not a good tire for you.
+1

It's a feel thing. Whatever works best for you.

The GP4000's are great tires and handle very well IMO. Also they wear well too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.