Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MING
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, might be a long shot to get some replies on this topic here, but this forums does get alot more traffic and looks than the other forum i tried (motionbased)

my problem is seemingly a common one though there is not easy viable work around that i am aware of. the problem is i did a ride, a good 80 miles with my garmin edge 205. i then drove back into town the next day and went to do a recovery ride, however i contiuned the lap instead of resetting it and i ended up with this ride report one i got home.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.mb?episodePk.pkValue=749582

needless to say the straight line is the problem

tried the excel editing, have no clue and it doesnt work...anyone have some helpful insights into this?

thanks

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
not sure what software you have but if you open the .gpx with a Garmin Mapsource product (I have Metro Guide US) and doduble click in the pane on the left side to open the track properties, You can highlight points, show on map to isolate the points in question and delete. I have done it many times. If you need more specific help I may be able to assist you. I use a Legend when I ride but often save my tracks as a .gpx to inport into sport tracks.

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
hey is that the .gpx track on that web-site link?...D/L it now...is it that end thing you need to get rid of?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.