Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lady walks into the shop where Mrs. Opus works.
She puts this on the counter:

says, "She's eight weeks old", and then walks out.

So, it appears we have a new kitteh. We are calling her Gracie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Congrats. We got ours at eight weeks too! Her eyes were still blue at that time.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Purrrrrrdy blue eyes!

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
Cute... I used to have one just like her many years ago... we called her Blu.... Keep her safe and provide her a good home.

Good to her at least someone had the smarts to leave with someone over abandonment

·
Crusty AF
1,215 Posts

This is the awesomest thing I have or will see all day.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Interesting, somebody had abandoned a baby carriage full of ragdoll kittens near the ASPCA where my sister works. She kept one of the kittens and gave it to my mother, who named it Gracie.

It's as if the kittens know how lucky they are, so they end up with a name that sounds like "Grazie!" :p

In any case, congrats on the gorgeous new feline! I'd still like to smack the "kitten fairy" upside the head for having such a cavalier attitude that's just a step up from complete abandonment. She might be going around town dropping off the rest of the litter, and others might be allergic, or jerks, or not happy to now have the responsibility etc.

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
Interesting, somebody had abandoned a baby carriage full of ragdoll kittens near the ASPCA where my sister works. She kept one of the kittens and gave it to my mother, who named it Gracie.

In any case, congrats on the gorgeous new feline! I'd still like to smack the "kitten fairy" upside the head for having such a cavalier attitude that's just a step up from complete abandonment. She might be going around town dropping off the rest of the litter, and others might be allergic, or jerks, or not happy to now have the responsibility etc.
Those who are cruel to animals should be equally treated .... :mad5:... :devil:

Reactions: snapdragen

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nice lookin' kitteh. We have four that are five weeks & 2 days old. They sleep in their box, and after nap time, they come boiling out ready for action.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
My attempted adoption experiences.

Seeing the photo of Gracie as well as reading last week about nOOKies rescue dog Opa, makes me inspired again to want to refill my house with 2 more cats, we have 2 females currently.

Trouble is my 7 yr. old female Calico (Cookie) does not get along with other females, especially of her age and size, we know this from having boarded two friends cats over the last few years. Cookie barely gets along with our 13 year old female, who's the queen of the house.

So we had kittens in mind and males to play it safe, figuring that Cookie will bat them around when they are small to show who's boss, then they'll get too big to bat around but will have learned to leave Cookie alone. It's a concept but of course cats have their own agenda's

So last Sat my wife and I visited and re-visited some local adoption agencies, visiting 4 that day, then back to 2 of them on Monday and 2 different ones today. Filled out approval applications at 4 last week, our vet told one "they're such good parents they can adopt 20 kittens"

And we have room for cats, big house, a screened front porch "catio" and have no issue adopting, though only 1 of the last 8 cats over 35 years was ever adopted from an agency.

But the folks who work the adoption agencies are a bunch of nut jobs. One lady told me she really wanted to keep 2 of her kittens together when I told her we might take one, having just told me she just had a 3rd from that litter adopted. And that the tuxedo who ran from us repeatedly on visit 2 was really a sweetheart. So a hard sell at $140 ea. Then the in town place insisted they needed a 3rd personal reference, I declined (all others asked for 2), telling the women to call our vet for a reference. As well this place will not let the kittens out the door without being fixed and I have issues with this as they will only be 2 mos. old. Our vet has always told us to wait till 5 mos.

Another place I interrupted them while doing the 4PM feeding and got no hello, just make sure I use a hand sanitizer and that "she stopped what she was doing to help me". I told her her attitude sucked and walked out.

Basically theses folks, while mostly doing a much needed service, seemingly need lesson's in social skills and how to deal with customers, which is what the public is, as they are all charging a fee of $125 to $140 per cat. Sometimes it includes spaying, sometimes it's a deposit you get back after proof of spaying. But the management of these facilities is just so hit and miss as to cats names (which one did we look at ?), who to talk to, etc.... that I am now completely turned off by the whole experience. I will now wait till the local town shelter gets more kittens in, they seemingly have their s**t together and it's a free adoption to seniors ( I qualify).

And as P.S, I know about raising kittens having captured and domesticated, then finding homes for 21 kittens we caught in our back yard from a momma cat who dropped 5 litters in 2 years under our shed.

Thus these folks have pissed me off.

Sigh, rant over.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She's definitely cute, but as others have said, I do have mixed feelings about the person who abandoned her... so many better ways of handling this.

We weren't looking for another cat (already had three) or the extra expense, but at least we're equipped and know what to expect. We'll get her checked out by a vet and we will be getting her spayed.

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
She's a very cute cat, I hope you're ready for the mayhem to follow. My gray female cat Luna is sitting on my lap as I type this, she was a rescue from an abusive home. In retrospect I don't think I'll ever have another cat, unless it's an outside cat.

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,883 Posts

Wow, she a cutiepie! She looks like she maybe or be mixed with maine ****. Looking at those whiskers and ears. She also looke a bit calico, not sure of the spelling there. Anyhoo, enjoy the kitten stage, it the best time to adopt them.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,288 Posts
Some cats are chosen, some are fated. You can't resist fate.

Really, who could resist that? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts