Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Keski, thank you for posting! I missed a great race. I wonder if Ryder didn't let his emotions get the best of him. He spent a great deal of energy keeping that small group away in that last thrust to the finish. He wasn't prepared at the catch to counter anything and had already shown his cards as the wheel to follow.
Hope they're committed to this event for next year as well. That finish looks excellent for the spectators! Need to make an effort to see this race in person next year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Pro Tour is committed to the race for the next five years I believe.

I'm from Quebec but now live out on the Left Coast. Looks like I'll have to go "visit the parent" next year. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for posting this! I can't wait to see the race in Montreal tomorrow. Never thought a Protour race would take place in my hometown!

I was riding on Mount Royal today and saw most of the teams scouting out the course. Very cool to ride up the mountain with pro riders beside you :)

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
word from the riders is the Montreal course is tougher - more climbing... live coverage will be at the same link, I think.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Look at 10:50 -- textbook, textbook, textbook flyer by Voeckler. What a dream move, pulling a flyer immediately before the break is caught with 1 klick to go and beating a word class field. Brains and brawn. Chapeau Tommy Voeckler. :cool:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just a quick note to tell you that the day in Quebec was mind blowing amazing. Had the chance to see the guys on Thrusday night, everyone was totally happy with the organisation. Spoke with Big George, made snickers joke with Horner, I have a great picture of me and Damieno smiling and shaking hands with Basso, Rodgers and off course our great cousin Thomas Voekler. Who quite honestly sat in the back of the peloton for 90% of the race !!!

This being said, it has been announced that Boston will be appraoched for a 3 day classics. Quebec City, Montreal and Boston, one plane, one hotel, one train for all. The format is amazing. Also, Quebec City to bid for WC 2015 if all goes well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Also, Ryder is a great racer but he is not very tactical and I think its Garmin director who may be not tactical. In Montreal, Ryder asked Levi to drive home wil Horner was in the front. Levi looked at Ryder in complete awe as in WTF ??? I think Ryder is pure racehorse, now he just needs to be smarter, like Gesink.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.