Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Soon to be banned
14,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wait, wasn't Gravel a Dem??? Phillies needs to buy the Phillies so his name would have meaning... Squinty eyed Jingozian needs a hair stylist bad! Kubby likes da doobbies... Root's a Jew and has got kids, and is an SOB, and the "anti-politician," and went to school with Obama at Columbia???

Geez! No wonder this country is in trouble!!!

·
Soon to be banned
14,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does Salt Lake City...especially when you want a drink.

FondriestFan said:
You're right, McDonald's chicken nuggets really do suck.

·
Soon to be banned
14,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are the Libertarian candidates. Just listening to them speak is the best entertainment going!

DrRoebuck said:
What the hell are you talking about? :confused:

·
Opus was just napping
22,392 Posts
Not as much fun as lying about sniper fire and invoking the potential assasination of Obama via RFK...but I thought the debate last night was pretty good.

Anything substantive?...or because you back a major party candidate...you think that making fun of their name, religious heritage, or the way they comb their hair or facial features...is enough.

Nice depth there...ashtray deep?

·
Soon to be banned
14,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thatsmybush said:
Not as much fun as lying about sniper fire and invoking the potential assasination of Obama via RFK...but I thought the debate last night was pretty good.

Anything substantive?...or because you back a major party candidate...you think that making fun of their name, religious heritage, or the way they comb their hair or facial features...is enough.

Nice depth there...ashtray deep?
So, getting past your personal attacks, who's your favorite and why?

I could barely contain myself while the flinty-eyed Jingozian spoke... And Dr. Phillies was more than laughable... But you did inherit Gravel... That's just great, you can have him... Root sounded like he was the first man on the moon too... LOL!

·
Opus was just napping
22,392 Posts
paper warrior said:
darn did I miss that? I'd definitely vote Libertarian- especially if McCain capitulates I mean submits a interview on Limbaugh.
Bob Barr has been tapped as the parties nominee.

·
Opus was just napping
22,392 Posts
KenB said:
I see you're in a charitable mood this fine morning. :)
I thought I was being charitable...I didn't suggest whether Spidey's post was cigarette ashtray deep...or cigar ashtray deep. There is a substantial inch difference between the two.

·
Soon to be banned
14,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thatsmybush said:
I thought I was being charitable...I didn't suggest whether Spidey's post was cigarette ashtray deep...or cigar ashtray deep. There is a substantial inch difference between the two.
Hmm, are you really so weak minded to allow yourself to be goaded into making more personal attacks?

·
Opus was just napping
22,392 Posts
spyderman said:
Hmm, are you really so weak minded to allow yourself to be goaded into making more personal attacks?
There is a difference between saying that your POST lacked depth and calling me weak minded.

FYI...

·
yellow is mellow
1,200 Posts
I recall the '90s that Bob Barr has some baggage as the Clintons demonized hem for "hypocracy." Though I would have thought the natural heir for the Ron Paul revolution would have been Gravel though I'm not in the Beltway now with this superficial analysis.

In any case let's face facts- democracy and libertarianism don't mix since you can't promise nothing to nobody.

·
yellow is mellow
1,200 Posts
Like I said I missed this Convention but my tin foil hat buzzing in my head again- could Barr's selection represent the NRA's dissatisfaction with McCain since he might be not perceived as a 2nd Amendment absolutist? just another conspiracy theory here.

·
Motorator
4,170 Posts
This is all a fine display of democracy in action, but the pragmatist within reminds me that in reality it's little more than a fantasy circle jerk which ultimately will go nowhere. A quixotic quest, doomed to noble failure. None of these guys has any mass to register much of a blip on the radar screen - and this election, I daresay those who buy into the idealism of all this are making themselves as insignificant as the votes they shall cast in November. Unfortunately, that's the reality in the USA today.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,208 Posts
Starliner said:
This is all a fine display of democracy in action, but the pragmatist within reminds me that in reality it's little more than a fantasy circle jerk which ultimately will go nowhere. A quixotic quest, doomed to noble failure. None of these guys has any mass to register much of a blip on the radar screen - and this election, I daresay those who buy into the idealism of all this are making themselves as insignificant as the votes they shall cast in November. Unfortunately, that's the reality in the USA today.

There's only one practical way to change that reality. You're either part of the solution or you're part of the problem.

As I've said before, neither the Dems or the Pubs come close to representing my beliefs. I will not sell out. My integrity is worth more to me than that.

·
Motorator
4,170 Posts
KenB said:
There's only one practical way to change that reality. You're either part of the solution or you're part of the problem.
Faulty reasoning IMO. The Libertarian solution is not practical at all in that its chances are nil. And to think this is the only way to change that reality is also wrong IMO. It's not an either/or, black/white problem, and neither is the solution.

KenB said:
As I've said before, neither the Dems or the Pubs come close to representing my beliefs. I will not sell out. My integrity is worth more to me than that.
Given the cold, hard fact of what will happen - the Democrat candidate or the Republican candidate will win - your decision appears selfish in that you've given up your chance to contribute to the success of whichever side you feel will be best for the country, just so you can say your own personal integrity remains intact.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.