Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Re #1, cheating is not okay just because someone else does it.

Re #2, PEDS are definitely dangerous, and it annoys me that people suggest they are not. I know some guys can do roids with little or no problem, but I know a few guys who have really been messed up by them.

·
Make America grope again
4,754 Posts
H
Re #1, cheating is not okay just because someone else does it.

Re #2, PEDS are definitely dangerous, and it annoys me that people suggest they are not. I know some guys can do roids with little or no problem, but I know a few guys who have really been messed up by them.
This. Look no further than East German athletes. Or the 90s, when cyclists died in their sleep. Or the health problems if Tammy Thompson.

I spoke to a Doctor friend recently. He had treated a number a patients who were sick from steroid abuse. Two were expected to make a full recovery. The third had severe liver damage. He might even be headed to the transplant list.

We make dangerous things illegal / banned for a reason. Quite bluntly, I don't want to pick up the tab for some kid who fries his liver trying to make the baseball team, then needs a life of medical treatment. Maybe that makes me an a**hole, but it's how I feel.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
I see guys buying clear ampules of stuff they are told is HGH or various steroids often enough. How can they possibly be dosing themselves properly or safely if they don't know what they are injecting?

Re athletes dying in their sleep, that may have been from EPO use. High hematocrit, increased blood pressure, stroke/heart attack whatever.

I've never heard of anyone dying from a mj overdose. Here in Canada lots smoke (not me) so it would make the news. Do you have stats on this, and what are the sources?

BTW, I was almost killed by a drunk driver once. The sooner they all kill themselves the better, as long as they don't take any innocent third parties with them.

·
Make America grope again
4,754 Posts
You have an awfully rosy view of the law.

How many people die from marijuana overdoses every year?

How many die from gunshots?

How many die from car crashes?

How many die from alcohol overdose (let alone drunken driving and cirrhosis)?
I doubt many people die from ODing on pot.

We tried banning alcohol, it was a dismal failure. While perhaps we should ban it, practically, we can't.

Guns and cars both have safe, legit uses. We don't ban things out right when we could do less restrictive things - like requiring gun locks or educating people about drunk driving. (Drunk driving rates have dropped significantly).

Now, explain to me why I should have to pay to bail someone out who screwed up their health doping?

·
Make America grope again
4,754 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.