Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used a Specialized Air Tool Pro pump for the last 5 years. Recently, its performance started to drop off, so I bought a rebuild kit and rebuilt it.
But it still didn't pump well. I sent a note to Specialized via their website.
I didn't expect much help for a 5 year old pump, but Specialized said the rebuild kit should have fixed the problem. Since it didn't, they said send it back; they'd fix it or send me a new one.

A week later, I had a brand new pump waiting for me.

That's impressive customer service.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought a used Tarmac SL2 on ebay in raw black. When I got it I noticed that unlike all other colors of SL2s, it did not have a metal chainstay bashguard (down where the chain rings are in case of chain suck if you drop it). I was a little concerned even though it was completely clean down there and called Specialized out of the blue to see what if.

They connected me with an Engineer and he told me that particular color was early in the production run and that it didn't come with the bashguard. I asked if I could purchase one and he said no because they were put on at the factory and they didn't stock them. He then said "wait a minute" and I could hear a conversation in the background. He came back on the line and said that they had some prototype carbon fiber bashguards and would I like one of those. I said sure and said I would pay but he said it was no charge, asked me for my address, and said he would send them.

Sure enough, about 5 days later a small parcel arrived and inside were 4(!) white carbon fiber bashguards in 2 different sizes (small and large). They were perfectly contoured with adhesive backing and I chose to put a large one on because I'm paranoid. It looks good, has the carbon fiber cool factor (2X cause its white CF!), and I feel more "protected."

Now that's what I call good customer service!:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.