Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea it's a garden variety Pista. so sue me. it was dirt cheap, mint and just my size.

Rode around today shooting photos of interesting stuff.

· chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got...

MB1 said:
No point is suing you unless you are worth a few million.
thirty-seven cents, a half used chapstick, an Excel receipt and some lint.

surely there's something there you want.

glad you liked 'em.

· chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KonaMan said:
the candid shot of city life is always intriguing
cheers KM. to be honest I HATE, HATE HATE shooting pictures of people. not only am I extremely shy and concerned about potential confrontations, but people are hellishly difficult subjects. candid portraits are waaaaaaaaayyy down my list of things to shoot.

in the first one I was actually way more interested in the dog cos he had a wonderful face. the fact that his owner seemed totally oblivious to the camera turned out in the end to be a major bonus.

the skateboarder was just one of those seize the moment deals. there were all these seriously official signs and crap back in that alley: NO BIKES NO DOGS NO SKATEBOARDS OR WE WILL BLOW UP YOUR HEAD AND GIVE YOU THE ANAL PROBE... etc, etc. I had just been to an ATM and was walking the bike up the alley (silly me, being all law-abiding) when that dude just appeared out of nowhere. I whipped the camera up and shot, unfortunately the low light meant the shot got messed up some with camera shake, which is why I converted it to a faux-lomo. at a 100% crop of the original file the look on the guy's face is pretty priceless, tho why he thought some prat with a bike was gonna turn him into the cops. whatever. I keep looking for the tinfoil, guess it's hidden under the toque.

· Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
Great pics lfr. You're becomming a better source of desktops/screensavers than MB1 and that's hi praise:)

· chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kram59 said:
Great pics lfr. You're becomming a better source of desktops/screensavers than MB1 and that's hi praise:)
gee thanks Kram, I'll just reiterate what I said before; it ain't a competition. we are all sharing bandwidth here.

I should prolly eventually look into copyrighting my stuff since I've managed to sell a few shots to crazy people. but then the stuff I load into this and other sites is so low-res it doesn't really matter anyway; it's effectively a thumbnail.

someday I'll get off my lazy bum and print off some more of the original files. the ones I did for the good doctor a few weeks back turned out surprisingly nice.

· Registered
105 Posts
here is the trials forum i goto alot.. (trials like jump off stuff, not time trials) anyways, alot of people are photo crazy, so here is a thread with a bunch of kick ass ones..

I even posted some of my pics.. sunflowers and my sis.. and some of my gf's pics from europe..

this site is a bit more crude than this one (by far..) they also have a nice "hot chick on bike thread" (read: naked) posted a bit further back.. (they made a second one.. but not much happening.. )

http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/showthread.php?t=18156

· Premium Member
21,853 Posts
What flavor is the Chapstick?

lonefrontranger said:
thirty-seven cents, a half used chapstick, an Excel receipt and some lint.

surely there's something there you want.

glad you liked 'em.
If it is cherry I'm calling my sister-in-law the ambulance chaser.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.