Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
62 degrees and sunny...Got to love New England!...Rode with three buddies...Tom, Grant and Rob...Grant and Tom on their Cyclocross Gunnar Crosshairs and Rob on his Iron horse hardtail...he has a Cheetah and a Bighit, so he was going low key with us today LOL...

First 3 minutes on the ride at Maudslay on a secret path I was leading and cleaned a long set of granite steps that are super steep and sweep to the left...well I was in the drops and really far back...once I was down, I made it a few feet and just hit mud...no momentum and stopped...I managed to unclip as I went down on my Right...Grant packed into me as he was coming around the steps...BAM...ended up with his shoulder into my fork and wheel...that ground the other side of my fork and spokes into the ledge I was now laying on...huge scrape up the fork and a busted spoke.
We untangled, I clipped what was left of the spoke with my Gerber and proceded to ride the hell out of the place for 3 hours or so. AWESOME ride...

Just an unreal day for this time of year...

Loadin up into the truck...

Da' Boys

Need to clean the pig up and see if we nuked anything else...rode well for 3 hours so I'm guessing the extent of my damage is the spoke, bartape and some scrapes...and Grant's shoulder LOL...

RJ

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The ride took us through and around the park, skirting the river, from right at water level aup to maybe 100' above the water. It's a GREAT place for a Cross rig...long sweeping fire roads in nice shape, all the way to nice tight singletrack with roots and waterbars, and everything in between....

Nothing quite like this place in spring...rifling through trails hedged in by rhododendrons well over your head, crossing bridges that were part of the Estate years and years ago...a little bit of everything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts