Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's where my tax dollars at work here. I was out testing my newly markIII in the Prospect Park. I was on my way there and driving there. I stopped at my friend's house. Then, I drove about a block to the local deli. Within this distance, a 2 female NYPD officers in the opposite lane, in their police car, turned on the siren and blocked my path. They almost hit me. I was like, OK, they got an emergency call and maybe a robbery in progress. I stopped there for a minute waiting for them to make an U turn. They made room for me to pass and signaling me to do so. Strange. I was on my way and noticed that they weren't speeding passing me. Instead, they put on the siren. I pulled to the my right so that they could pass. They weren't trying to pass me again. They were in their pursuit mode. They wanted me to pull over. Mind you I was on residential street and going no faster than 20 mph. Then, I unbuckled my seat belt and opened the door (my left widow is broken). I asked them what was the problem. The bit-h said I wasn't wearing my seat belt. I showed them my driver license. I was driving my father's car and so I didn't have the insurance paper with me. I got a ticket for that too.

Here is the funny thing. One of the NYPD bit-h walked back to me and said "is it good that I wrapped my tickets around your license" I was like wtf? I didn't say a word. I gave her a very condescending look and she looked scared. I hope I did scared her with my look. Before I closed my car door, I told her I would see her in court. The bit-h would never show up anyway and the tickets would be dismissed.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
So your story is that for no reason they decided to pull you over and give you a ticket for something that wasn't true..........??

Sorry, there has to be more to the story than this.

Len

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
I'm not a big fan of bird shots, but this one is phenomenal:

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i don't think you scared her.

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
Everything I've ever been told is that you stay where you are while the officer approaches you. Personally you should be happy they weren't more suspicious of you. Go to court and fight it. Or HTFU. Also, it goes from your car to your dads pretty quickly there. Who's car is it?

Disclamer: I've spent a good portion of the day watching the memorial serivce for the three officers killed in Pittsburgh over the weekend, so I'm fairly cop friendly right now.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Len J said:
So your story is that for no reason they decided to pull you over and give you a ticket for something that wasn't true..........??

Len
i've been pulled over for speeding with the officer claiming i was going 10mph faster than i actually was going.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
tomk96 said:
i've been pulled over for speeding with the officer claiming i was going 10mph faster than i actually was going.
Most police won't pull someone over just for the seatbelt offense. That's usually something they tack on once they've nailed you for something else. Or if they're suspicious of you for some reason.

The OP had his camera; any playgrounds nearby where some paranoid parent might have called the po-po?

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
Orbea_Carbon_Force said:
I was, until I had to stop for these bit-h.
At least call them sows. It would be original and maybe even 1% less offensive.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
Happens all of the time.

Len J said:

Len
Especially if you are not fair-skinned, or are driving at atypical times in atypical places, this happens all of the time. Now, there MAY be more to the story...

It's happened to me a dozen or two times.

Oh, sure. My taillight is "too dim." My license plate frame partially obscures the word "oregon" on the plate. My front tag was dirty.

The best reason I was pulled over for was, "Do you have something to say to me?"

In the time I drove, only about three years, I was pulled over 27 times. I counted. I got 2 tickets -- one for 45 in a 35 (speed trap, rural road with a school zone in the summer where a 50 dropped to a 35.) and the other for going 50 in a 35 (yeah, that one I should've been going slower, it was a 5-lane road, not paying enough attention)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DrRoebuck said:
Most police won't pull someone over just for the seatbelt offense. That's usually something they tack on once they've nailed you for something else. Or if they're suspicious of you for some reason.

The OP had his camera; any playgrounds nearby where some paranoid parent might have called the po-po?

They can't see my gear. I am more amused than pissed. The ticket didn't even say how much I need to pay.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
I'm not a big fan of bird shots, but this one is phenomenal:
Didn't look nearly that good straight out of the camera, but yeah.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.