Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I recently bought a new bike and am already thinking about taking it back.

I got to see a 2009 Orbea Onix TDA and really have second thoughts about my purchase.

Anybody seen one yet as well. It was beautiful, and much more affordable than the ORCA.

·
Batteries not required
1,118 Posts
What did you buy?
How much is "much" more affordable?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Torture! They just keep getting sweeter. Did a group ride recently and this kid, maybe 18 was riding next to me. Halfway through the ride he said "Dude, I'm digging that bike." I think that was a compliment. Wonder what frame only would cost?

·
likes shiny bikes
1,109 Posts
Nice! if you like the new Onix, wait til you get a look at the 09 Opal. Gorgeous!
Orbea really has it going on right now...:thumbsup:

·
Banned
270 Posts
Big Jim Mac said:
Torture! They just keep getting sweeter. Did a group ride recently and this kid, maybe 18 was riding next to me. Halfway through the ride he said "Dude, I'm digging that bike." I think that was a compliment. Wonder what frame only would cost?

Was that coded to you ?? It was a compliment , and if you had to think of it , you are , real old , real square , or both .

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BunnV said:
What did you buy?
How much is "much" more affordable?
Well, the Onix is my "normal" price range. I got a Fuji carbon. Its nice, but doesn't "speak" to me. You know what I mean? It doesn't have that "it" thing. And I have always had a thing for Orbeas since I first saw one years ago in its glorious orange Euskatel paint. But what is killer is two days after I bought mine, my friend shows up to our normal ride on his new 09 Orca in flat black. I damn near hit him. He's single, no kids, and does pretty much anything he wants. I am not generally the jealous type, but this was too much.

I am trying to convince myself not to do it, but its so hard. And the only color I would buy other than the flat black Orca is the new medium blue.

Its probably best not to look at the Opal in my current condition.

·
Batteries not required
1,118 Posts
Understood

Magsdad said:
Well, the Onix is my "normal" price range. I got a Fuji carbon. Its nice, but doesn't "speak" to me. You know what I mean? It doesn't have that "it" thing. And I have always had a thing for Orbeas since I first saw one years ago in its glorious orange Euskatel paint. But what is killer is two days after I bought mine, my friend shows up to our normal ride on his new 09 Orca in flat black. I damn near hit him. He's single, no kids, and does pretty much anything he wants. I am not generally the jealous type, but this was too much.

I am trying to convince myself not to do it, but its so hard. And the only color I would buy other than the flat black Orca is the new medium blue.

Its probably best not to look at the Opal in my current condition.
I know exactly how you feel. When my friend pulled up on his new '08 Orca I was just sick. I made up my mind then that THAT was the bike I was going to get, no compromises. It took me 7 months but I did it and I couldn't be happier. Just hold on to your Fuji and start saving for the Orca. When you get close in money, sell the Fuji and don't look back. That's what I did with my perfectly fine Felt F55. It was great, but I never sat in my room and just stared at it like I do with my Orca. It's sick really, but it's true. You gotta get what you want, don't settle! :nono:

·
Use my Apps :)
1,010 Posts
It can't be that much different than my 06 Onix
It can't be that much different than my 06 Onix
[click my heels]
It can't be that much better
It can't be that much better
[click my heels]
It can't be that much sweeter
It can't be that much sweeter
[then I wake up]
OK, When I got my 06 Onix I said I'd never wait 10 years again to get another bike. I figured 5 would be a good number. Not sure I can make it now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
09 onix

I will try and get some pictures up asap, just moved so it may take a few days. Mine is the blue and white scheme just like the one on the glorybikes website. I put 40 miles on it yesterday and 20 today, already feel like I will replace the saddle soon. The bike shop told me that there will limited numbers in the blue and white, can anyone confirm this?
Over all, coming from MT Biking and geting my feet really wet with the road bikes this is one sweet bike.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I did the same thing -- bought my Orbea because I couldn't get enough time in on the trails, it rains a lot around here and trails can stay wet for a week. But you can almost always get a ride in on the road. My first love is still mountain biking but the Orbea is making me more of a road rider every week!

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MT Biker said:
I will try and get some pictures up asap, just moved so it may take a few days. Mine is the blue and white scheme just like the one on the glorybikes website. I put 40 miles on it yesterday and 20 today, already feel like I will replace the saddle soon. The bike shop told me that there will limited numbers in the blue and white, can anyone confirm this?
Over all, coming from MT Biking and geting my feet really wet with the road bikes this is one sweet bike.
Limited number in Blue/White? Did he say what the other color would be?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.