Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya gotta love this guy. Is that a face only a mother or another cyclist can love?

(Hope the pic loads. First time trying).
 

·
In Blue America
Joined
·
436 Posts
Always good covers

Gimme Shoulder said:
Ya gotta love this guy. Is that a face only a mother or another cyclist can love?

(Hope the pic loads. First time trying).
Yes, a great photo. CC always has good covers, ditto for the "montage" style of World Cycling Productions. Best of all, Colorado Cyclist still has the Colorado Cyclist woman modeling clothing in the catalog; she has been the subject of more posts here than Kristen Gum.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
662 Posts
Isn't that illegal?

I thought that using a pro athlete's pic to promote a commercial entity such as a business (Colorado Cyclist) was illegal without the athlete's consent.
 

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
Joined
·
2,969 Posts
Ricky2 said:
I thought that using a pro athlete's pic to promote a commercial entity such as a business (Colorado Cyclist) was illegal without the athlete's consent.
I think the easy conclusion to make is that Colorado Cyclist got Tyler Hamilton's consent with some cash money.

francois
 

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
Joined
·
2,969 Posts
Is it just me or is that one of the ugliest, loudest jersey color/bike combo ever.

It's good for the sponsors though since the colors and design is very distinctive and noticeable.

Also, don't want to take anything away from Tyler and his team. They are a great group and we're going to see a whole lot of them in July!

francois
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Franci

I like the jersey more and more. Reminds me of Green Bay. Oh and Frani you should lay off the meds if you really think "yawn" (aka Jan) is going to beat the Texans' yellow fever
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
Ricky2 said:
I thought that using a pro athlete's pic to promote a commercial entity such as a business (Colorado Cyclist) was illegal without the athlete's consent.
The sponsor agreement with BMC would allow them to use the likeness of any of the athletes on the Phonak team to promote their bikes, just like Trek can use Lance's or George's picture to sell Trek bikes. Colorado Cyclist is an authorized BMC dealer and therefore would have the rights to use Tyler's likeness to sell BMC frames.

Russ
 

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
Joined
·
2,969 Posts
CARBON110 said:
I like the jersey more and more. Reminds me of Green Bay. Oh and Frani you should lay off the meds if you really think "yawn" (aka Jan) is going to beat the Texans' yellow fever
That jersey is growing on me too. specially when Tyler kicks Texas ass.

Hey, you hijacked this thread first :)

But since you brought it up. You 80% Lance fans only have 10 days of delusion left. I hope y'all enjoyed OLN's Lance 5 victory highlights. Cause there ain't no more.

There's only 10 days left to scramble and monkey around with the aero bars. On July 3, Jan is going to crush the prologue and that'll be the start of the end. Team Discovery Channel will demand a refund.

francois
(drank a lot of the Jan kool-aid this morning)
 

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
Carbon110....A bet, perhaps????

CARBON110 said:
I like the jersey more and more. Reminds me of Green Bay. Oh and Frani you should lay off the meds if you really think "yawn" (aka Jan) is going to beat the Texans' yellow fever
Since you already owe me a couple of tubes......how 'bout a bet??? I think Lance is at the end of his reign as TDF champ. Ullrich?? Maybe Tyler? Maybe, but doubtful. How about double or nothing on the tubes for overall winner??? You can have Lance, I'll take the field??

P.S. I would be thrilled to give you the tubes, as I want LA to win. But we're talkin' 'bout money here.....
 

·
MTBR Super Mod'
Joined
·
272 Posts
francois said:
Is it just me or is that one of the ugliest, loudest jersey color/bike combo ever.

It's good for the sponsors though since the colors and design is very distinctive and noticeable.

Also, don't want to take anything away from Tyler and his team. They are a great group and we're going to see a whole lot of them in July!

francois
Lots of people pass comment on the jersey and bike color combo. You're probably right, and I feel like I am the only one that really likes the whole look. I'd kill for a BMC too...

I agree, that team is hot this year and we will see a lot of them at the TdF. Tyler is going to have a great year...
 

·
Get me to In&Out
Joined
·
4,775 Posts
Our LBS here now has four of the team replica frames in. One of them is the red/white version of the team frame. My first impression of the frame isn't great. The tubes look huge. It is almost like a carbon version of old cannondales. The frame looks like a cartoon frame at first glance. Sort of like a carachateur(sp). I do like the seat tube junction though. It looks very cool.
 

·
MTBR Super Mod'
Joined
·
272 Posts
spookyload said:
Our LBS here now has four of the team replica frames in. One of them is the red/white version of the team frame. My first impression of the frame isn't great. The tubes look huge. It is almost like a carbon version of old cannondales. The frame looks like a cartoon frame at first glance. Sort of like a carachateur(sp). I do like the seat tube junction though. It looks very cool.
The frames are very different looking and I love them for that reason. Perhaps a little ugly but that seat tube junction cancels out any ugliness. I would Kill to get my hands on one, and the weight is very attractive too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
Tune-in in August.....

For the Tyler Chronicles. Phonak has been the most under-rated team in cycling for 3 years now. I'm sick of all the lance worshipers talking about how much harder he works than everyone else. NOBODY wants/deserves this one more than Tyler. And I'm an Ulrich fan........
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,916 Posts
francois said:
That jersey is growing on me too. specially when Tyler kicks Texas ass.

Hey, you hijacked this thread first :)

But since you brought it up. You 80% Lance fans only have 10 days of delusion left. I hope y'all enjoyed OLN's Lance 5 victory highlights. Cause there ain't no more.

There's only 10 days left to scramble and monkey around with the aero bars. On July 3, Jan is going to crush the prologue and that'll be the start of the end. Team Discovery Channel will demand a refund.

francois
(drank a lot of the Jan kool-aid this morning)
Yeah a fan of T-mobile calling other team's jersey's ugly! Heh!

Uter ("don't make me climb, I am full of chocolate!") is going to be shown a clean set of carbon-clad heels in the last week of the Tour, as there will be multiple rapid tempo change attacks coming from Tyler, Mayo, Heras and Armstrong. Without Vino to babysit him, all Jan will be able to do is watch them ride off while he smashes the pedals ever so slowly. Jan is a great TT'er, but so is Tyler. Tyler is a better tempo-change climber too.

So I will be enjoying that free water bottle from you once Tyler finishes higher in the G.C. then Captain Bratwurst. Make sure it's a large bottle, as I get mighty thirsty here during the Virginia summers.

:)
 

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
Joined
·
2,969 Posts
Coolhand said:
Yeah a fan of T-mobile calling other team's jersey's ugly! Heh!

Uter ("don't make me climb, I am full of chocolate!") is going to be shown a clean set of carbon-clad heels in the last week of the Tour, as there will be multiple rapid tempo change attacks coming from Tyler, Mayo, Heras and Armstrong. Without Vino to babysit him, all Jan will be able to do is watch them ride off while he smashes the pedals ever so slowly. Jan is a great TT'er, but so is Tyler. Tyler is a better tempo-change climber too.

So I will be enjoying that free water bottle from you once Tyler finishes higher in the G.C. then Captain Bratwurst. Make sure it's a large bottle, as I get mighty thirsty here during the Virginia summers.

:)
mwa-ha-ha-ha! That's pretty good Coolhand.

I'll post a comeback later when I stop laughing. ...Uter...

Let the games begin!
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (nm)

"don't make me climb, I am full of chocolate!"
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top