Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my team bike. Sorry, no Orbea. Found THIS on Ebay for $225'ish and couldn't pass it up. :) The fork alone is worth that I think. Its not a CR1 but I hear the Speedster frames are good race bikes. The tubing diameter is monstrous - I bet its going to be stiff as hell. The Topolino's are going to look sweet mounted on this bad boy, eh? :D think its going to take a little while before I get the build complete. I know I need a new seat post and front derailer. I'd like some Winwood handlebars - the Ritchey WCS are light and strong but hard on my hands. I'd like new cranks too - but lets not get crazy yet. Hell, if I really wanted crazy I'd go full Campy - stupid sexy Campy!

The flash from the camera really highlights the welds. They're big and beefy. Look strong but overdone a bit? Looks like the welds on my Giant MTB. Anyway they're not quite as noticeable in person.

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,433 Posts
$225 !!!

I hate you. How 'bout a quick 20% profit...I'll give you $270???? Serously...nice find. I gotta look at EBAY more often......go to EBAY....go to EBAY....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Stupid sexy Flanders!

That's hilarious- I love the Simpsons. Beautiful frame.

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,576 Posts
Kind of off topic, but: I have a Felt F75 and the color scheme is Black/Yellow, too. Where the hell do you buy accessories that are a good (not piss) yellow? All I can ever find is red, blue, and sometimes an off-yellow. I look like a ninja with all my black clothing!

Congrats on the bike, Scott's are sweet.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the coolest part is that I have some Topolino AC 29's. Topolino spokes are made of carbon fiber sheathed in kevlar, which makes for yellow and black spokes, which will match really well with the overall color scheme of the bike. Plus they're wicked cool wheels. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts