Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does HTC go for the sprint bonus's tomorrow? CTT for Hushovd? Assuming Cav wins the final sprint and he is the closest thing to a sure thing this year, the jersey is still in play for him. Anyone think HTC will control the breakaways and sprint for the points?

·
haole from the mainland
5,962 Posts
gh1 said:
So does HTC go for the sprint bonus's tomorrow? CTT for Hushovd? Assuming Cav wins the final sprint and he is the closest thing to a sure thing this year, the jersey is still in play for him. Anyone think HTC will control the breakaways and sprint for the points?
Depends on how motivated Cav is. Lampre will try to mostly neutralize HTC's efforts, though.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
jorgy said:
Depends on how motivated Cav is. Lampre will try to mostly neutralize HTC's efforts, though.
Till they get to Paris, where every sprinters blood will start to boil. Lots of team's still looking for a win.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
In my eyes, Cav is already Tour sprinting champ, again. He's just been edged by the less notable points-taking in non-sprinting stages. Still, much respect to who takes the official points lead by the end of the Tour.

Yesterday was described as easy for Cav, especially with the overhead view to see how much space he had. Yet without his main support (Renshaw), and the fact that there were good chances of having the door closed on him from both sides of the road, I think it was a pretty skilled win beyond his legs.

I imagine HTC playing single-tracked for his campaign, arriving at the sprint with the majority of their roster. Martin's got the pace to be a prime leadout man if he has to.

·
haole from the mainland
5,962 Posts
Ain't no such thing as the sprinting champ or sprinter's jersey in the Tour. It's the points jersey.

Ventruck said:
In my eyes, Cav is already Tour sprinting champ, again. He's just been edged by the less notable points-taking in non-sprinting stages. Still, much respect to who takes the official points lead by the end of the Tour.

Yesterday was described as easy for Cav, especially with the overhead view to see how much space he had. Yet without his main support (Renshaw), and the fact that there were good chances of having the door closed on him from both sides of the road, I think it was a pretty skilled win beyond his legs.

I imagine HTC playing single-tracked for his campaign, arriving at the sprint with the majority of their roster. Martin's got the pace to be a prime leadout man if he has to.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Am I correct in thinking there are a maximum of 6+6+35 points available on the last stage? If so, it could be a very interesting race if HTC decides to try and get max points for Cav while trying to block Petacchi & Hushovd...or is that considered off-side?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
HTC should send a guy or 2

in a break and eat up all the early pts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts