Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who will win it? I think THOR, since Petacchi is now under a new investigation in Italy.

THOR!!!!

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
JohnHenry said:
Who will win it? I think THOR, since Petacchi is now under a new investigation in Italy.

THOR!!!!
I hope Thor wins it but he is not sprinting all that well lately - I thought all he had to do was follow Petacchi's wheel for 4th or 5th or whatever, but he couldn't even do that. But McEwen (who I thought was a real threat to Thor) faded even worse.
I am also surprised Petacchi hasn't dropped out yet, apparently he CAN go over mountain passes if he wants to. I never thought he would get to today's stage.

Cav is a long shot, but could potentially snatch green from Thor and Petacchi at Champs Elysees if he wins both stages and they aren't too close (6-7th or below). Probably won't happen.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I thank Petacchi for making things more interesting, but I hope Thor gets it. I don't know why but a sprinter that works on mountain stage is just cool.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
chocy said:
I thank Petacchi for making things more interesting, but I hope Thor gets it. I don't know why but a spriniter that works on mountain stage is just cool.
+1 My sentiments exactly :thumbsup:

·
Still waiting......
1,321 Posts
I want Cav to win - his calm, cool demeanor and his lack of ego really makes people want to root for him. If he can't win it, Renshaw should

·
Registered
184 Posts
My votes for Thor, it's pretty cool that he doesn't have to win every single sprint stage and can still hold the jersey, that's skills and brains over Cav's awesome lead out train. Imagine if Thor had that to his advantage yikes he'd be unstoppable.

·
C6Rider
106 Posts
Thor, with half a team

As long as Sastre still has an outside chance at the GC (as slim as it is), Thor won't have a full team to support him in the sprint. However, with the investigation of Pettachi, I like Thor's chances to repeat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts