Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided on something different today so I loaded up the single speed mtn/commuter bike , threw on the baggie shorts, and Nike sandals and drove to the local greenbelt trail.

This trail runs from Denton, TX north about 12 miles to Lake Ray Roberts...

The trail is mostly gravel and hard packed dirt... I saw a couple of deer, a few snakes, and one bobcat.....

I also saw a few trail runners, many people on horseback and even a few cyclists....

It was a nice diversion from my usual road rides:thumbsup:

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Looks like home. Around here, we ride trails like that in the winter and on 'cross bikes. Keeps the wind chill down.

What crank/bb are you using on the 'Pirate'? I am currently rebuilding an old Trek 8000 and am not sure I want to use the original crank set.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seeborough said:
Looks like home. Around here, we ride trails like that in the winter and on 'cross bikes. Keeps the wind chill down.

What crank/bb are you using on the 'Pirate'? I am currently rebuilding an old Trek 8000 and am not sure I want to use the original crank set.

The crank is on old FSA octalink double...I'm running a triple BB and the ring on the inside position...with 39t ring there is enough clearance...I'm not sure a 42t would fit...

BTW, this ride was test run for the winter....One of the reason I built this bike was to do as you....ride in the winter in the shelter of the trees

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
That's a very nice, simple bike. No frills, just the necessities. I'm partial to white too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts