Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a wonderful 2 weeks cruising the baltic. Lot's of Pics, some great weather, some not so good weather.

Things I've learned:

- Scandanavian women are hot
- Amsterdam, Stocholm, Helsinki and Copenhagen are some of the most bike friendly places I've ever been.
- The Archipelago coming into and leaving Stockholm is awesome
- St Petersburg was well worth the entire trip.. Russians refuse to make eye contact or to smile, Visit Peterhof, The winter Palace or the Hermitage and you will get a greater appreciation of the decadance of the Romanoffs....and understand the Russian revolution in a different way.
- I thought Tallin in Estonia was going to be a throw-away day......it wasn't.
- I'm tired.

More pics once I get home and get some time......but here is a sky shot from a church tower in Copenhagen

Len

·
39x21
223 Posts
Sounds like you had an amazing trip - the Baltic region is one of my favourite places in the world. I'm glad you liked Tallinn, I used to live in Tartu (Estonia's 2nd city) for a spell but I always enjoyed going to the capital and wondering around the Vanalinn (Old Town).

I think I need to move to Copenhagen..

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
I've yet to meet a Danish woman who was less than awesome. I'll never forget a 3 hour conversation with a Danish grandma outside Heathrow airport terminal 3 a couple of years back. A complete stranger yet I felt like I'd known her all my life, so much wisdom and yet not at all preachy or negative about life. Met a couple of hotties in Vietnam, extremely likeable for somewhat different reasons....
Glad to hear you had a good trip Len.

·
Super Moderator
19,485 Posts
This is the trip Mappy and I were thinking of doing a couple of months ago. Instead we went to the Adriatic.

Sounds like great trip. I wanna see the pics!

·
Non non normal
10,094 Posts
As a lover of Russian history, I can't wait for your full set of pictures.

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,662 Posts
sir duke said:
I've yet to meet a Danish woman who was less than awesome. ...
You haven't met my cousin Kirsten. If you had, then the next Danish lady you met would be less awesome in comparison.:p

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Some needs to ask it, so I guess I will. Did you get a chance to ride?

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
PomPilot said:
You haven't met my cousin Kirsten. If you had, then the next Danish lady you met would be less awesome in comparison.:p
Someone needs to ask it, so I guess I will. Poast pix? :D

Len, looking forward to hearing more about this. Have heard about Estonia and curious to see more about this and St. Petersburg. Tired, yes. Nothing like a long flight to mess with your schedule for days...

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
You were near Stockholm and didn't wave? Well, Baltic Sea in general since I was around Linköping, Norrköping, Katrineholm and Stockholm these past few days.

I've always liked Swedish girls for quite sometime now. I reaffirm my statement.

Good to hear you enjoyed the region. :thumbsup:

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
PomPilot said:
If she's in the Tokyo area I'll look her up. I'm guessing she isn't.:(

Anyway all this talk of Copenhagen has made me feel all Scott Walker-ish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts