Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to log on this new forum. I think it's very cool to have all this new stuff you can do. BTW, I did do the 70 miler in Harrisburg on Saturday. This was my first ride on the road bike and it was so much fun. I had a few dogs chase me along the way followed by a few crazy drivers at stop signs. 20 miles in and the bolt that holds my seat tight came loose and my seat moved all the way back. I was thinking holy s**t! I still have 50 miles to go and my seat wants to go up my a**. Another rider happened by about 5 minutes later and had an Allen wrench on him. Boy was I lucky. It was fun though. My time sucked compared to most others. The guys and gals that got back first got back 2 1/2 hours before me. I rode the 70 miles in 5 hours 28 minutes. My average speed was 15 mph. Lots of hills. The coolest thing was my watch which said I burned 7,566 calories! That's always a plus. I went out to eat at the Olive Garden afterwards. I like this ride to eat deal.
Well, I had lots of fun and are now looking for other rides to try. Talk to ya soon.......Jay :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts