Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Another one gone. I meant to post about this when I saw it a few days ago and didn't get around to it. I'm kinda surprised it took this long to show up. Emerson, Lake and Palmer ended before my concert going years started and he was out of King Crimson long before that. I got to see him in the mid-80's when they replaced Palmer with Cozy Powell and toured as Emerson, Lake and Powell. I enjoyed it.

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
I heard Lucky Man on satellite radio this morning. Beautiful song with Lake's fantastic bass playin. One of my favorite songs that stayed in my mind during my morning ride.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
The keeper of the city keys
Put shutters on the dreams.
I wait outside the pilgrim's door
With insufficient schemes.
The black queen chants
the funeral march,
The cracked brass bells will ring;
To summon back the fire witch
To the court of the crimson king.

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The keeper of the city keys
Put shutters on the dreams.
I wait outside the pilgrim's door
With insufficient schemes.
The black queen chants
the funeral march,
The cracked brass bells will ring;
To summon back the fire witch
To the court of the crimson king.
My intro to Lake and King Crimson came in the early morning hours one cold January night listening to Beaker Street on KAAY, Littlerock........I was in Madison WI.

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
P

That's all we have left. Very sad.

As a kid, we visited my grandparents'/uncle's home - my uncle had the Tarkus illustration as a poster.

A few years later, I figured out what it was from - wow!

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,285 Posts
I enjoyed the heck out of ELP and Greg Lake. I saw them live, I think at the Santa Monica Civic. Damn were they good! I still occasionally play their records. As for King Crimson, I always felt bludgeoned when my friends would put them on the stereo. Anyway, RIP for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts