Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm no techie geek, but is there any way to use cookies or whatever so that when you view threads in the "linear" way and click on a thread you've already viewed before, it'll drop you right to where you left off the last time you viewed the thread? In other words, if there were 5 posts the last time you viewed the thread and there are 10 now, it'll start you right in the middle of the thread at the 6th post. I've seen this on other forums so I know it's possible.

Otherwise I think this is working fine and eventually people will stop complaining and learn to like it. If only you could get rid of those damn popups... :D

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Henry, do you have links to other sites that have this feature? If yes, post 'em here (or email me [email protected])

I know that if you use the "Hybrid" display mode, and use the links in the threaded window, it will do what you say. Not sure if that's exactly what you mean though.

Thanks for the comments, I've been battling it out with my bosses about the popups, really, I have. I will admit that I am on the losing side (in such a small company as ours, money is king), but I am at least expressing and relaying the negative responses to the popup assault.

-g

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gregg said:
Henry, do you have links to other sites that have this feature? If yes, post 'em here (or email me [email protected])

I know that if you use the "Hybrid" display mode, and use the links in the threaded window, it will do what you say. Not sure if that's exactly what you mean though.

Thanks for the comments, I've been battling it out with my bosses about the popups, really, I have. I will admit that I am on the losing side (in such a small company as ours, money is king), but I am at least expressing and relaying the negative responses to the popup assault.

-g
Thanks. Here you go. Check out the Replies column--shows the total number and also the number of replies since you last visited. And then once you click on the thread it drops you right where you want to be. Also, this board loads incredibly fast even though it is very active (maybe cause no popups :p ). Also check out all the Instant Graemlins.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=QuestionAnswer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts