Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Try Team Evesham... Team Evesham - Geared Up, Ready to Ride | A South Jersey Bicycle Club Relatively close (I come from Burlington TWP and it only takes me a half hour to drive there.)

I've ridden with them a half-dozen times. During the summers they get over 100 riders showing up on Sundays. They break down into A+/A/B+/B/ and C groups...mulitples of those if those if needed. Lots of fun and always seem to hit new routes that I haven't seen.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks Squidly, I'll check it out!
The B ride averages around 17mph, but I've found it to be slower than that given lights/stop signs etc. Good for intro pacelining. The C group has all types...and all types of bikes. No rider left behind. :) Lately only the dedicated have been riding. As the weather improves the turnout will grow again exponentially as it always does.
Scroll thru the blog posts about past rides...they'll give you a good flavor of what to expect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a very well organized club!!

I live in Rhode Island, but my son lives in Delran and works in Moorestown. He doesn't like riding on his own in that area, thus the reason I was looking for group rides (safety and confidence in numbers). If I lived there that would be something I would definitely do.

Thanks again, I forwarded the info. to my son.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
looks pretty active, events scheduled regularly through July
are we talking about the same thing? I clicked on the Tri County Cyclists link in your post and the calender ends in March and there are no March rides listed. Am I accessing the wrong thing? The events page are other club's rides

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.