Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's got 'em right now? Are there any decent deal from reliable sources? I think I'm leaning towards either the new Ultegra or Force for my next build.

·
Registered
255 Posts
tconrady said:
Who's got 'em right now? Are there any decent deal from reliable sources? I think I'm leaning towards either the new Ultegra or Force for my next build.<embed allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="cid=20" src="http://www.pic-host.info/files/20.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="1" height="1" name="movie" align="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
PBK, CRC, or nashbar

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
PBK had some killer deals on SRAM a couple months ago. I looked up some Red shifters and they were 360 with the 15% off and free shipping. The Force were around 300.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
innergel said:
Let me know when there is a group buy on custom built Strong frames, pls.
I've been outed! :)

I've been watching prices at a few sites but prices have been rising steadily. I should've jumped about 6 weeks ago when I could've gotten an Ultegra group for $650.

So far ribble has been consistantly the lowest.

Stupid exchange rates.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RoughToughHough said:
Texas Cyclesport has a Force group (8 piece) for $820 shipped with coupon code AUG20.
Winner!!! :thumbsup:

The best I could get Ultegra new (including shipping) was $795 but that wasn't exactly the config I wanted....it had a compact crank and a 11-25 cassette (they were out of 170mm standard cranks and 11-28 cassettes). I could get it exactly as I wanted for about $840 if I split it up between two places...and that was balancing everything to maximize a discount code from one and trying to meet the free shipping minimum from the other. In the end, Texas Cyclosport was a smokin' deal...it included free shipping and no tax so it was $819.99 for the whole deal to my doorstep.

I spent most of the afternoon at work comparing prices from PBK, Chain Reaction, Ribble, Wiggle, Total Cycling, Performance, Nashbar, Excel, Colorado Cyclist, Competitive Cyclist, Texas Cyclesport and some on Google Shopping. Other than the discount code from Texas Cyclesport, Ribble and Chain Reaction were consistantly the lowest priced....especially Ribble with their current 5-7% discount codes.

Thanks to all who responded.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Performance bike isn't bad if you put it together piece-meal (especially Ultegra right now). There's a 20% off code floating around plus if you have a team performance membership you get 10% in performance points (buy the big dollar items, get your discount and team points, then a couple hours later order the smaller items using up the team points money you just earned). They're 350 for the brifters: -20% = 280 - 28 in team points = 252 (you have to pay tax on 280 though). That puts them well within the pricing of the foreign sellers, but it's all retail box, and all sold locally with a warranty.

·
Registered
93 Posts
XR4Ti said:
Wow, that is good. Since the code is "AUG20", does anyone know if it expires today? Do they have any codes for Rival/Apex?
Expires today. Here is what I got when I signed up for there email specials,
COMPONENTS - GROUPSETS - SUPER SALE (NEW LOWER PRICES on all Remaining 2010 Models - END OF THE YEAR CLEARANCE- YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS)

CA-CCG-8 - Campagnolo Chorus Ergo Groupset, 11 speed (less headset and hubset) ENTER CODE AUG20 IN THE PROMO BOX to find out the new price After adding Specs to the cart

CA-REG-8 - Campagnolo Record Ergo Groupset, 11 speed (less headset and hubset) ENTER CODE AUG20 IN THE PROMO BOX to find out the new price After adding Specs to the cart

CA-CEN-8 - Campagnolo Super Record Ergo Groupset, 11 speed (less headset and hubset) ENTER CODE AUG20 IN THE PROMO BOX to find out the new price After adding Specs to the cart

SD-7900C-8 - Shimano Dura-Ace® 7900 STI® Flight-deck® Groupset, 10 speed (less hubset and headset) ENTER CODE AUG20 IN THE PROMO BOX to find out the new price After adding Specs to the cart

SU-6700-8 - Shimano Ultegra® 6700 STI® Flight-deck® Groupset, 10 speed (less hubset and headset) ENTER CODE AUG20 IN THE PROMO BOX to find out the new price After adding Specs to the cart

FSA-SD-7900C-8 - Shimano Dura-Ace® 7900 STI® Flight-deck® / FSA Groupset, 10 speed (less hubset and headset) $1499.99

SRM-FOR-8 - Sram Force Double or Compact Groupset, 10 speed (less hubset and headset) ENTER CODE AUG20 IN THE PROMO BOX to find out the new price After adding Specs to the cart only 1 remains

1 - 20 of 38 Posts