Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older steel guerciotti that I would like to modernize. I plan to have it repainted soon and rebuilt for a "jack of all triads" road bike. Mostly 50mi training rides, maybe some local crits (i realize its not a crit bike) and some local road racing. I am a serious MTBer who likes the road but dose not take it serious - just for training.
Heres is the deal - it has a threaded fork (classic chrome, raked) and quill stem. I would like to get a thread-less system. Maybe i am wrong but it seams like the Quill stems are very flexy. Most of the forks i see for sale are Carbon, composite, straight bladed, or something else I don't want. i am afraid these modern forks are going to mess up the "comfort" of this classic???
I think the ride will benefit from a 31.8 stem and flat top bar. but needs to keep the classic raked fork for some dampening
Thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not worried about it braking, it has 10+ years of hard riding. But there is a huge difference between my road bike and my cross bike, the cross feels way more solid. The comparison is not apples and apples... the cross has WSC stem, FSA pro wing bars, and EC90 straight bladed composite fork. The cross is totally different, but I like how solid the front feels and would like that on the road.
I am buying new bars for sure, which made my think about upgrading the whole front end.
Didn't know about the Torelli... thanks. Any others?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts