Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Cantilevered rear dropouts indicate this is a Caad2 series and possibly even Caad1. Caad3 dismissed with that style. Based on the STI shifters, I'm going all-in with 1998/99. That thing is DEFINITELY older than 10 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply. I was just thinking what is your opinion on the bike and how much would you pay for it? It's got a shimano dura ace at the back and at shimano 600 at the front with dura ace breaks and mavic wheels. once again thanks for your help.

·
Lost in Space...
3,434 Posts
How many miles on it? How was it used? How was it stored? Are parts in need of immediate replacement? etc., etc., etc... I'd pay maybe $200 for it.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
you should test ride it if you are interested. The straight seat stays on those models made for a harsh ride and I recall the steering was pretty squirrelly too. It's not a bad bike, but it's vintage, at least late 90s.

·
Lost in Space...
3,434 Posts
The problem is that it is too far away for me to test it. The owner wants 400$ with postage, should I take it or just look for something else? Here are some more pics. Rower szosowy Cannondale
I see it more as a dated obsolete bicycle, rather than any sort of collectors item... the seller apparently sees it as somewhere in the middle. Personally, I'd pass unless the seller can somehow justify the cost based on recent investments (new chain, cables, replacement parts, etc.).

·
Registered
420 Posts
That bike is caught in the middle....too new to be a "classic" and too old to be considered relevant. I'd pass on it unless it was $250 shipped TOPS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.