Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on the guideline price for a 1986 Schwinn Peloton (frame and fork only). I do know it was made by Panasonic in Japan and is constructed with a Columbus SL/SP mix. If I am correct, the peloton was second in line right behind the Paramount.

The frame has chrome fork and a bright neon pink paint job. The paint has its fair share of rubs and scratches but is in other wise good condition. Any suggestions on what I should make as my initial offer?

Thanks!

·
Decrepit Member
1,813 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
One thing i can tell you is the prices are usually undervalued.... The Peleton's are great frames but they never seem to go for much money....
I agree; the 1986 Peloton is a great bike, but they don't seem to bring what they should. My '87 Paramount was advertised on craigslist for $295, and I had to beg the seller to take $500. If I'd given him $295, I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

1986 Peloton catalog page 1

1986 Peloton catalog page 2

·
Registered
174 Posts
Based on the catalog photo, the chrome fork would appear to be a replacement, of who-knows-what quality.

I have a Peloton from '85, all red with white lettering, that I paid 150 for about two years ago, including Stronglight roller-bearing headset and a Dura Ace 7400 bottom bracket. The fellow I bought it from had paid around 100 for the whole bike on eBay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1986 Schwinn Peloton Immaculate Original Price

I just posted my original Schwinn Peloton on Craigslist for $400, and had a bunch of interest. I purchased it in 1986 and I still have the original catalog and receipt, I rode the bike in maybe 2 triathalons, and decided that it was not for me, so it has hung in my garage for the past 22 years. I'm just wondering, is this a good price, or is this bike some sort of treasure? Thanks if any one knows I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Scooper said:
....... My '87 Paramount was advertised on craigslist for $295, and I had to beg the seller to take $500. If I'd given him $295, I wouldn't have been able to sleep.
I've got a '86 or '87 (can't remember which) Paramount if you want another one. Two sets of wheels, STI shifters, black frame.

$500 plus shipping just so you can sleep well. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.