1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
I sold my American made bound edge '62 Reissue Tele for about $1200 a couple of years ago.

$700-$800 sounds about right.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,155 Posts
I'm no expert but I'll take that chunky block of a guitar off your hands for . . . ah. . . $200?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
any idea what a mid 80's 1962 Fender Tele, re-issue, near mint condition (Fender of japan) is worth?....I may be looking to sell mine to help build a new bike.

I have seen them (new for around 850?)
http://newstreetmusic.co.uk/guitars...panese-62-bound-edge-telecaster/prod_345.html

Most likely 700-750. You'll do better on cragslist with some patience than ebay and you won't have to deal with shipping. Although they are great guitars, they are not "collectible" guitars - so most likely it will be a player, not a collector that makes the purchase. You might be able to trade the guitar for parts etc... if you hit the right person. A couple years ago I was able to trade a guitar for a frameset through an acquaintance at the LBS......

Zach

·
Le Misérable
4,374 Posts
Qstick333 said:
Most likely 700-750. You'll do better on cragslist with some patience than ebay and you won't have to deal with shipping. Although they are great guitars, they are not "collectible" guitars - so most likely it will be a player, not a collector that makes the purchase. You might be able to trade the guitar for parts etc... if you hit the right person. A couple years ago I was able to trade a guitar for a frameset through an acquaintance at the LBS......

Zach
I think 700 is a bit optimistic, especially these days; used guitars are a buyer's market like never before. Also, there are a lot of these and others like it floating around out there...they made 'em too good! Sometimes a thing has to be a piece of shyte to become a rare collectible.

If it were me and I really wanted to sell it, I'd follow Qstick's advice and try a 50/50 alloy of craigslist and patience, maybe asking 700 but realistically hoping for 650.

You never know with guitars though: I've been in your situation twice--selling on craigslist and totally ready to negotiate my asking price--only to have a guy come in and plunk down the asking price without a word after a five-minute demo. People get weird over guitars...at least as weird as over bikes:).

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
From what I've seen with basses the $700-ish range sounds about right, but lately it seems like prices of everything are dropping. I've got a pile of stuff I'll sell but at this point I may hang onto it for awhile. Especially with anything that says "Fender" on it, new prices aren't much of an indication unless it's a current model...

Whatcha building?

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Harmonycentral.com showed a price range of $450 to $1,400 paid for those tele's. The real money seems to be in Great Britain where they appear to be routinely priced at around $1,400 pounds sterling. :eek:

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
Fender also raised their prices around 30%, so maybe in a trickle down way it could help what you get for yours. Not sure since yours is an 80's, but who knows..........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.