Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Indy this past weekend at NAHBS and saw a lot of "eye candy." The usual framebuilders stood out: Sachs, Kirk, K Bedford, Waterford etc.

There were a lot of really nice, beautiful functional bikes. Most were priced above $2000 and that didn't include a fork. Some people had a bent towards carbon, ti or steel. Lugged vs TIG. Blah, blah, blah.

I walked away liking the the Gunnar brand. They had a Gunnar Fastlane at the Waterford display with the Color of the Year with panels. The welds, fit and finish were as nice or nicer than the other TIG welded frames at NAHBS. You could pick up the ROADIE version for $750. You can get one around $1000 with custom geometry.

I forgot my digital camera so I attached the pics off Gunnar which is the same frameset at NAHBS.

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
The factory picture doesn't do a very good job of showing the pearlescent-ness of the finish. It's subtle but looks really cool. I'll see if I can get a descent shot of it on the Crosshairs *ahem* in my living room. :)

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TWB8s said:
Mine flooded Thursday and I still remembered mine AND I had my cell phone too as a back-up.

Rookie.

You guys are tough. Even if I remembered to take the camera it would have been my 10yr old daughter's bright red with hippy flower stickers on it. I would have been harassed either way(with the camera or w/o the camera).

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[*ahem* in my living room. :)[/QUOTE]

smarty pants. Lets see it. Take a picture of the dropouts too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.