Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pretender said:
Oh, I am sorry. We who speak English ask for advice before making the purchase, perhaps that is not the custom in the French-speaking world.
Why so rude (typical ******* talk) ? I actually speak 4 languages and in all languages there's something as being humble in knowledge. I can still cancel the order if the size doesn't fit, the reason why i ordered quickly is because the of sale (15% off ) is ending today and it was the only size available.

Thankx for help,, can somebody else with a better (less of a loser attitude) help me :idea:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Looks like it will fit ok for you. I'm 6'1" and ride a 54 IF Planet Cross but that's due to the top tube being 57.5 and a higher bb, not the way the frame is measured. Just compare notes with what you already ride. Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
varoadie said:
Looks like it will fit ok for you. I'm 6'1" and ride a 54 IF Planet Cross but that's due to the top tube being 57.5 and a higher bb, not the way the frame is measured. Just compare notes with what you already ride. Good luck.
Thanx I think it will fit okay also. I fit on a 54 cm jake the snake (kona) ride.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Krsolutions said:
I just bought this in 54 cm, i am 5`11 (70 inch) and inseam is 32 inch...
Salesman on the site told me it was fine, what do you guys think?

http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id.21454/.f?sc=7&category=2695
Hmmm. I think you should have bought the 56. At 5'11" with a 32 inseam, you have a slightly longer torso than I do. I find the 54 Redline (with 54.5 top tube) just on the border between just right and too short. If I were buying a custom bike, I probably like a 55 top tube.

However, nothing can account for personal preferences. You might think the 54 is just the right size.

For what it's worth, I raced on a 52 cm Redline (I'm 5'9.5 with a 31.5 inseam) for a season and did okay. However, it really was nice getting a bike that fit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gripped said:
Hmmm. I think you should have bought the 56. At 5'11" with a 32 inseam, you have a slightly longer torso than I do. I find the 54 Redline (with 54.5 top tube) just on the border between just right and too short. If I were buying a custom bike, I probably like a 55 top tube.

However, nothing can account for personal preferences. You might think the 54 is just the right size.

For what it's worth, I raced on a 52 cm Redline (I'm 5'9.5 with a 31.5 inseam) for a season and did okay. However, it really was nice getting a bike that fit.
thanx for the input, at 56cm i think the top tube is at 56.4 or something like that. worst case i'll buy a longer "stem?". MY overall reach is 66cm so i take into account that the stock stem is around 10cm I shouldn't be missing much with the 54 cm..

·
Descender
2,213 Posts
You may want to try a 110 and then a 120 stem. My dimensions are the same as yours 5'11" with a 32" inseam.

I prefer a 56cm TT with a 110 stem.

There is a way to approach this size issue you may want to consider., You can buy a bike that fits / or you can make a bike fit. The bike that fits involves little compromise / making a bike fit always involves compromise - whether it be in weight distribution over the bike or handling issues especially when descending and climbing.

If you know what your bike size is your best fit go for a close to that as possible.

Another consideration - if you buy a bike thaqt is too small - part of the compromise is that your seat to bar drop will be greater.

Good Luck

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Krsolutions said:
thanx for the input, at 56cm i think the top tube is at 56.4 or something like that. worst case i'll buy a longer "stem?". MY overall reach is 66cm so i take into account that the stock stem is around 10cm I shouldn't be missing much with the 54 cm..
I bet a 100mm stem will be too short. I ride a 110 with that 54.5 tt. And I've got the seat set pretty far back as well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Goto https://www.wrenchscience.com/ and click on Road. Then click on Fit System. Create a user account and then follow the instructions. You will need someone to help measure your body parts. After you enter all your measurements it should give you an ideal road bike size. I would go with something close to that. You can also search for other online fit calculators.

Fair warning the fit calculator on the Wrench Science site suggested I get a 60 cm but I ended up getting a 62 cm and it fits me perfectly. For off-road you will want something a little less aggressive then a racing road bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.