Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GURU CR901 that I purchased recently (before I found out that they were going bankrupt!). I have been looking high and low to see who bought up their spare parts (derailleur hangers, headsets, seat posts), but have largely struck out. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look for these parts?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I noticed some Guru bikes hanging on the wall (for sale) at Moment Bicycles when I was down in San Diego last weekend.

If the are still selling bikes, I assume (?) the still have access to spare parts? Cant hurt to give them a call..

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
There's no need to panic. It's very unlikely they used proprietary headsets. I see one refernence to using an FSA headset but not the type. You should be able to use the correct type production headset. Unless the seat posts are not round in cross section, you should be able to use commonly available round posts, possibly with shims. The USE plastic shims work well.

deraileurhanger.com has lots of different hangers. No Gurus listed but often manufacturers use an existing hanger. You can send them a pic and they'll see if there's a match.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about seat posts? I was hoping to buy a newer compatible seat post that would let me use an internal DI2 battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Additionally, the seat post is aero (i.e. not round) so that makes it difficult to figure out what will work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guru Parts

I also have a broken seat post clamp. Did anyone ever figure out how to find Guru parts?
Reviving old post with same issue. Looking for Guru seat post for 701 or even rail clamp. Have a Guru 701 in excellent condition which is basically wall art at this point because my seat post failed and parts are impossible to find. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.