Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not minds in the gutter - the ones on the house. I'm getting mine replaced and thinking about adding them to the detached garage.

When it rains, the garage floor gets wet and it looks like at least part of the problem is that water flows in/under due to some concrete that slopes towards the garage. Concrete work isn't fun and I'm trying to avoid it. Gutters would help that side, but on the other side my neighbor's garage is literally 2' away. With gutters I'll only have half as much water hit the ground on that side during rain, but I'm not sure if that'll make a difference.

Since they're doing the house at the same time, it's under four hundred bucks to do this so I'm wondering if it's worth a try. It's pretty uncommon to see gutters on garages around here, but most people don't store nice bikes in theirs either.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
If there is water getting into or under the foundation then it it should be guttered. If that is not an option, how about a water dispersion system that that the flood of water off your roof and turns is back into small droplets.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
nsfw

joe

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Go for it, since you have positive slope concrete issues.

My house didn't have any from the previous owner. I plan on routing the water in a cistern to water the plants from. I got that from Ed Bagley Jr.s show "Living With Ed".

For a few areas where collecting water won't work so well, I'll go with the Rain Handler deflectors that disperse water out into the yard instead of straight down in the drip line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts