Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i see a deal on facebook for a, Quarq Riken carbon 110BCD 172.5 power meter(GXP).

The bike i would put it on is my jamis, as it stands it has this crankset SRAM Force22 GXP with YAW Technology, 52/36T and bottom bracket, FSA EVO PressFit 30 with Wheels MFG EVO adaptors. So will it all mate properly?

Thank you for assistance.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
If you currently have a GXP crank, a new GXP crank will fit.
With those adaptors you have you will need to pay attention to bearing preload and possibly remove the crank to change the number of spacers. The instructions for the Wheels adaptors are on their web site.

·
Registered
804 Posts
If your Jamis has the EVO386 bottom bracket Quarq GXP will not work.
The spider will hit the frame when you torque the crankset on and will not turn.
If you have a EVO386 frame I'd look at a Power2Max who sells two FSA branded power meters that will fit it without an adapter.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
The easiest thing to do is probably send us a link to the exact model of the bike you have (pay attention to the year) so we can figure exactly what BB setup you have.

I'm assuming you have a 386 EVO BB and want to put a GXP crankset in it. If that's the case you can use this 386EVO Adapter for 22/24mm Spindle Cranks (SRAM/TruVativ)

From my understanding, you can make pretty much any modern BB variant work with a GXP or HollowTech II crankset. The problem is when you get a BB30 crankset that are asymmetric, i.e. BB"Right", 386 EVO, etc.

http://problemsolversbike.com/files/tech/Bottom_Bracket_Standards_Reference.pdf

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
He's got a GXP crank in there now. So the Quark QXP crank will fit in the BB. It may interfere with the frame, thought that's the first I have heard of that with a Quark.

·
Pack Fodder.
1,871 Posts
My S975 grinds on the bottom bracket shell on my Storck. The RIKEN does not, so that's what's on there now. I may give one of my SRMs a chance the next time I replace the bottom bracket.

The Quarq website used to list frames with known clearance issues with their products. Not sure if it still does. A call to Quarq might also clear this up, as they generally have excellent customer service.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,564 Posts
So i see a deal on facebook for a, Quarq Riken carbon 110BCD 172.5 power meter(GXP).

The bike i would put it on is my jamis, as it stands it has this crankset SRAM Force22 GXP with YAW Technology, 52/36T and bottom bracket, FSA EVO PressFit 30 with Wheels MFG EVO adaptors. So will it all mate properly?

Thank you for assistance.
Jesus Pitt...guess what I'm thinking right now.

·
Registered
804 Posts
He's got a GXP crank in there now. So the Quark QXP crank will fit in the BB. It may interfere with the frame, thought that's the first I have heard of that with a Quark.
I tried it on a BH Ultralight with a SRAM Red 22 Quarq and it was a no go, not even close.

After I'd already bought everything I thought I found something saying there wasn't enough clearance with that design for their GXP Quraq cranks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts