Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some water in my frame (Carbon Synapse) from either my last ride in the rain or, more likely, the post ride clean-up w/ a low volume hose. The bike is clean, but is has the annoying "sloshing" sound.

There seems to be a drainage hole next to the cable guides under the bottom bracket, but it's seeping ever-so slowly. Any other ideas as to how to rid the bike of the water? It seems to slosh in the down-tube.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
FatTireFred said:
stick a wire in the seep hole, let it sit awhile
This oughta do it. Those seep holes plug up all the time. You could also pull out the BB, but it's probably not necessary.
As for why water won't come out of the seat post, some bikes have shields in the BB shell to keep water from running down the seat tube and onto the bearings. Normally (by which I mean, "on the two I've seen") they don't seal very well, but it's just a piece of plastic that conceivably could move up and block off the lower end of the tube.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
If there is one, see if removing the cable guide attachment screw speeds things up. On some frames, removing that screw leaves a bigger hole than the drain opening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts