Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing better than an iced Americano after a trip to the Silk Market for some pearls and a counterfeit Franck Muller Jump Hour watch.

Hard haggling makes you thirsty.

Oh yea, posting from iPhone 4

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
wooglin said:
Is a vente a coffee regular? Can you actually get a coffee regular -- cream and a bunch of sugar -- at one of these so-called coffee shops?
That would be a tall brewed with room......

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
How good is the counterfeit watch selection?
How is the quality of the reproduction?

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
q_and_a said:
How good is the counterfeit watch selection?
How is the quality of the reproduction?
The selection is enormous, mostly focused on major brands that westerners perceive as desierable - Omega, Rolex, Patek.

Sometimes the offereings are exact replicas, other times they are "interpretations." You can find a Rolex Daytona but the Pateks typically are not exact copies. The Franck Muller I bought is pretty close.

And of course you can choose between automatic and quartz. The former are very nice watches.

When my kid was here she bought a Rolex Explorer for her boyfriend which would be hard to discern as a fake from a distance. $40.

Yes, I know I am supporting Osama.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
il sogno said:
Can you get me some mooncakes?

kthx
They were handing out samples last time I was in the shop in Dalian. Their chocolate is not bad. Thankfully SB doesn't sell the version with the salty rotten duck egg in the center.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Before you go too crazy, you might want to start a thread with suggestions on how best to bail you out of a Chinese prison... :)

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Opus51569 said:
Before you go too crazy, you might want to start a thread with suggestions on how best to bail you out of a Chinese prison... :)
I'm in the relative safety of the Renaissance lounge now. Using a VPN. I'm such a good customer here that they would almost certainly talk the Public Security boys out of taking me away. Profit rules in these parts.

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
terry b said:
When my kid was here she bought a Rolex Explorer for her boyfriend which would be hard to discern as a fake from a distance. $40.
I've got a knock-off GMT Master Pepsi Dial that is near perfect. A friend got it for me in Korea as a groomsman gift for $50 or so. They have some great copies over there.

I've also got a Submariner copy that I got in Kuwait that is a pretty good fake. You have to pick these things up to really tell a difference.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Don't worry about it. I'm sure the US Government would exchange you for some Chinese spies. The problem is, we don't actually have any Chinese spies. So you'll have to wait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts