Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All snowboarding and freestyle events are for chumps. Anything with a "judged" component or is conducive to elitist pot-smoking "lifestyles" is toilet paper for MY ASS!!

I love the fact that Lindsey Jacobellis in the most dull and boring sport imaginable (next to halfpipe snow boarding, "freestyle" and mogul skiing) f'ed up a commanding lead trying to trick out a jump. Not that this sport deserves a gold medal of any sort (neither does "ice dancing" or it's equivalent) but the fact that this fool misses out because of buffoonish non-seriousness is, well, immensely enjoyable to me.

HAH!!!

·
Roadies Rejoice
975 Posts
Sintesi said:
All snowboarding and freestyle events are for chumps. Anything with a "judged" component or is conducive to elitist pot-smoking "lifestyles" is toilet paper for MY ASS!!

I love the fact that Lindsey Jacobellis in the most dull and boring sport imaginable (next to halfpipe snow boarding, "freestyle" and mogul skiing) f'ed up a commanding lead trying to trick out a jump. Not that this sport deserves a gold medal of any sort (neither does "ice dancing" or it's equivalent) but the fact that this fool misses out because of buffoonish non-seriousness is, well, immensely enjoyable to me.

HAH!!!
Snowboard cross is a race with no judged component. You were saying.....

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Good morning! Did the cat poo in your coffee? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SteveCnj said:
Snowboard cross is a race with no judged component. You were saying.....
I guess the concept of "or" is lost on you. This is a dull assed sport that's usually over in the first 50 meters and all the "action" comes from the second and third place weezers doofing each other. The only "reason" (quotes again!) this sport is even in the OLYMPICS (hello) is because of a stoogy ESPN2ish marketing of a "rad" "extreme" lifestyle complete with clothing and music tie ins. It's whole reason for being is to get you to buy sh*t and walk around with sh*t on your back thinking you belong so some sort of in-the-know club.

Check out my baggy gear dude.

This says nothing about the truly execrable skiing and snowboarding events that is judged or has a judged component.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rogger said:
Good morning! Did the cat poo in your coffee? :rolleyes:
When it comes to snow boarding I spread the poo. It's poo for all. This is a special moment for me and I will mark this day on my calender going forward.

Use the word "snowboard" and the term "athletic hero" in a sentence. Verrry difficult. You won't find this problem with downhill skiing or speed skating.

·
Roadies Rejoice
975 Posts
Sintesi said:
I guess the concept of "or" is lost on you. This is a dull assed sport that's usually over in the first 50 meters and all the "action" comes from the second and third place weezers doofing each other. The only "reason" (quotes again!) this sport is even in the OLYMPICS (hello) is because of a stoogy ESPN2ish marketing of a "rad" "extreme" lifestyle complete with clothing and music tie ins. It's whole reason for being is to get you to buy sh*t and walk around with sh*t on your back thinking you belong so some sort of in-the-know club.

Check out my baggy gear dude.

This says nothing about the truly execrable skiing and snowboarding events that is judged or has a judged component.
so explain how snowboarding is "conducive to elitist pot-smoking "lifestyles"", it may include that demographic, but it's less "conducive" to such a lifestyle than cycling is to epo and steroid abuse. So if you're looking for a sport that is "conducive" to drug abuse, then cycling is it.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SteveCnj said:
so explain how snowboarding is "conducive to elitist pot-smoking "lifestyles"", it may include that demographic, but it's less "conducive" to such a lifestyle than cycling is to epo and steroid abuse. So if you're looking for a sport that is "conducive" to drug abuse, then cycling is it.
EPO doesn't get you high "bro."

·
Roadies Rejoice
975 Posts
Sintesi said:
EPO doesn't get you high "bro."
well then, it's completely ok, thanks for clearing that up.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Sintesi said:
When it comes to snow boarding I spread the poo. It's poo for all. This is a special moment for me and I will mark this day on my calender going forward.

Use the word "snowboard" and the term "athletic hero" in a sentence. Verrry difficult. You won't find this problem with downhill skiing or speed skating.
Lighten up, dude. If you don't like it just point your face the other way, it's the most pleasant solution for all of us.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The germans have a word for people like you

Sintesi said:

HAH!!!
It's called "Shadenfreud" It's a person that takes delight in the misfortune of others. I'm sure your mommas proud.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rogger said:
Lighten up, dude. If you don't like it just point your face the other way, it's the most pleasant solution for all of us.
I'm pointing my ass at snowboarding.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SteveCnj said:
well then, it's completely ok, thanks for clearing that up.
Go ahead and argue the pot smoking joke. Doesn't change the essential facts that snowboarding is a capital D doofus sport and lucky Lindsey is a prime exemplar.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Sintesi said:
I'm pointing my ass at snowboarding.
And there I was thinking you were ALL ass, 360 degrees of it.

·
Roadies Rejoice
975 Posts
Sintesi said:
No shite? NEVER heard of that crazy word!! Here's an ENGLISH one. GLOAT!

Everyone thinking those crazy Germans have some sort of pernicious misanthropy locked into their language causing holocausts and sh*t but all-the-while me and you can can say the same thing in our own homespun ways, eh?

C'mon admit it. Snowboading is one dull sport merely buoyed by an impressive marketing system (if you go in for that sort of thing).

Say "I'm stoked dude" three times fast and see how smart you feel.
while you're gloating, remember all those stoked dudes pulling down a million a year in endorsements.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
West End Rail said:
It's called "Shadenfreud" It's a person that takes delight in the misfortune of others. I'm sure your mommas proud.
No shite? NEVER heard of that crazy word!! Here's an ENGLISH one. GLOAT!

Everyone thinking those crazy Germans have some sort of pernicious misanthropy locked into their language causing holocausts and sh*t but all-the-while me and you can can say the same thing in our own homespun ways, eh?

C'mon admit it. Snowboading is one dull sport merely buoyed by an impressive marketing system (if you go in for that sort of thing).

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Sintesi said:
Talk about needing to lighten up. Can't anyone hate snowboarding in your universe? Should we hang you on a crucifix of crossed snowboards so everyone can witness your offense? What the hell?

Look Rogger, The Emperor Has No Clothes! Face it. Say it with me. Snowboarding is dull, manufactured and unworthy of my attention. The only attention it deserves is pot smoking jokes, general insults and derision. Now that I think of it this could be a way of marrying the word "sport" to snowboarding.

Sincerely,

Lucky my balls Lindsey Jacobellis.
Jeebus, go ride your bike or something. Frusto.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rogger said:
And there I was thinking you were ALL ass, 360 degrees of it.
Talk about needing to lighten up. Can't anyone hate snowboarding in your universe? Should we hang you on a crucifix of crossed snowboards so everyone can witness your offense? What the hell?

Look Rogger, The Emperor Has No Clothes! Face it. Say it with me. Snowboarding is dull, manufactured and unworthy of my attention. The only attention it deserves is pot smoking jokes, general insults and derision. Now that I think of it this could be a way of marrying the word "sport" to snowboarding.

Sincerely,

Lucky my balls Lindsey Jacobellis.

·
Roadies Rejoice
975 Posts
Sintesi said:
Go ahead and argue the pot smoking joke. Doesn't change the essential facts that snowboarding is a capital D doofus sport and lucky Lindsey is a prime exemplar.
what pot joke was I argueing, that seemed more important to your arguement than anything I said.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SteveCnj said:
while you're gloating, remember all those stoked dudes pulling down a million a year in endorsements.
That's why you dig snowboarding bor? I mean bro.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
And, How is this different from.....

Sintesi said:

most of the other winter olympic events? Why single out snowboarding?

And having watched this and the after interviews....you're talking about a 19 YO kid, who obviously was trying to enjoy the moment and made a mistake. Lighten up on her.

Len

1 - 20 of 35 Posts