Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,

Here is my new custom Habanero team issue frame. Mark Hickey and the guys at Habanero were a pleasure to work with. After talking with the folks at Seven and Merlin I can safely say that Habanero is a better company from a customer service standpoint. (Thanks Mark.)

This is my first Ti frame so I have no basis for comparison, but I love the ride and the price is hard to beat.

I have since built it up with SRAM Rival, King headset, Ksyrium wheelset, Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork. I'll post a photo of the complete build later.

It is forgiving like a steel bike but with noticably better power transfer than my 2002 853 Lemond Zurich. That bike was built with a standard "inboard" Ultegra bb and crankset, so that would also contribute to inferior stiffness, but I'll still give the frame most of the credit.

If you're thinking about getting a Ti frame you need not worry about Habanero's mail-order model. In my case they promised 10 weeks and delivered in 2 with a full satisfaction guarantee. I had the opportunity to return it with no questions asked.

Here are some photos.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Excellent choice! You'll love it. I've put 3 months of good riding into mine and I can't wait to get it out there on the road every day. Mr. Hickey was a pleasure to deal with and he gave me good advice as I pieced together my Habanero with full Chorus.

As matter of fact, I'm heading out for ride right now just because you got me talking about it.

Enjoy the frame!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jj1075 said:
Excellent choice! You'll love it. I've put 3 months of good riding into mine and I can't wait to get it out there on the road every day. Mr. Hickey was a pleasure to deal with and he gave me good advice as I pieced together my Habanero with full Chorus.

As matter of fact, I'm heading out for ride right now just because you got me talking about it.

Enjoy the frame!

Have a good ride and post pics!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I thought about getting one last year and have only great things to say about Mark, his knowledge and advice.

Please post complete pics and ride report when you get to that point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.