Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,

Here is my new custom Habanero team issue frame. Mark Hickey and the guys at Habanero were a pleasure to work with. After talking with the folks at Seven and Merlin I can safely say that Habanero is a better company from a customer service standpoint. (Thanks Mark.)

This is my first Ti frame so I have no basis for comparison, but I love the ride and the price is hard to beat.

I have since built it up with SRAM Rival, King headset, Ksyrium wheelset, Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork. I'll post a photo of the complete build later.

It is forgiving like a steel bike but with noticably better power transfer than my 2002 853 Lemond Zurich. That bike was built with a standard "inboard" Ultegra bb and crankset, so that would also contribute to inferior stiffness, but I'll still give the frame most of the credit.

If you're thinking about getting a Ti frame you need not worry about Habanero's mail-order model. In my case they promised 10 weeks and delivered in 2 with a full satisfaction guarantee. I had the opportunity to return it with no questions asked.

Here are some photos.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Excellent choice! You'll love it. I've put 3 months of good riding into mine and I can't wait to get it out there on the road every day. Mr. Hickey was a pleasure to deal with and he gave me good advice as I pieced together my Habanero with full Chorus.

As matter of fact, I'm heading out for ride right now just because you got me talking about it.

Enjoy the frame!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jj1075 said:
Excellent choice! You'll love it. I've put 3 months of good riding into mine and I can't wait to get it out there on the road every day. Mr. Hickey was a pleasure to deal with and he gave me good advice as I pieced together my Habanero with full Chorus.

As matter of fact, I'm heading out for ride right now just because you got me talking about it.

Enjoy the frame!

Have a good ride and post pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.