Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check rec.bicycles

Go to groups.google.com and run a search "group:rec.bicycles.* habanero". There's been lots of discussion there about habs, since Mark Hickey, head of Habanero, is a regular poster. Here are a few summaries from memory:

- welds are generally considered excellent, comprable to litespeed and merlin
- the tubes are straight wall, so not as light as the lightest ti frames, but really sturdy
- a little stiffer than most ti frames (perhaps because of straight wall tubes)
- ST and HT angles stay constant (73.5 degrees both) in all frame sizes, unlike most makers, who relax the ST and steepen the HT as sizes go up
- lots and lots of happy owners
- Mark gives *excellent* customer service

I don't own one, but am thinking about getting one, so I can't give personal experience.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
habanero frames

A good friend of mine has ridden one for over three years now and loves it. It's a real beauty. He is 70 years old, but in great shape and earned his first CA Triple Crown last season. Did all his double century riding on the Habanero. It's held up very well and been comfortable on not only the doubles, but on multi-day tours too. He got great service in the design, building and purchasing process. Was able to spec it out like he wanted and hasn't had a days regret since. If you want a direct testimonial I could probably hook you up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hab frames

I am thinking of getting one myself. All the comments about it have been positive, specially Marks' service. I am close to making a decision.

thanks for the info

Unai

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.