Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new build in the works and also have some old xtr m960 v-brakes in my parts bin. I am fully aware of the difference in pull ratios and don't want to just use a travel agent. Its winter and I have a bit of time before other parts come in.

My idea is this- cut the v brake arms and lower the noodle-stop and fixing bolt down the arm (to around 8cm) as the arm doesn't need to travel as far there. I would still run them as v-brakes, just lower on the arm.

Is this (am I) stupid? I have the tools necessary to cut/tap/clean up the arms, just a thought I had.

·
warrrrrrrgh!!!
4,354 Posts
Those are highly sought after brakes. Sell them on ebay, or wait another 10 years and sell them on ebay, and use the proceeds to by the brakes you want.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Seems like way too much effort for something solved for by a $30 investment in two pairs of Tektro 926 brakes. I guess the question is, is the project and your time worth saving $30 for?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.