Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried buying one from LBS. It started out ... which one do ya' want. What size??, color??. I'll let you know how much and get back to you. Usual dis-interested attitude
Called Tim at Wrenchscience, got an hour consult on sizing and specifics to the detail of color differences from someone that actually rides one, great price, and appreciates the service that the Military gives to our Country and gives a discount to it's members. Anyway, not a shill, but relating a positive experience from a a company that actually is enthusiastic about the Sport. Looking forward to the new ride. ( Red with a SRAM Red group),,hope there isn't a graft rejection with a non-campy group

· Batteries not required
1,118 Posts
prschatt said:
Tried buying one from LBS. It started out ... which one do ya' want. What size??, color??. I'll let you know how much and get back to you. Usual dis-interested attitude
Called Tim at Wrenchscience, got an hour consult on sizing and specifics to the detail of color differences from someone that actually rides one, great price, and appreciates the service that the Military gives to our Country and gives a discount to it's members. Anyway, not a shill, but relating a positive experience from a a company that actually is enthusiastic about the Sport. Looking forward to the new ride. ( Red with a SRAM Red group),,hope there isn't a graft rejection with a non-campy group
I thought you were buying an Orca?

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good memory, bought an Orca in January or Feb.?. Beautiful ride, stiff, responsive and I can't put my finger on it but we don't mesh. It's going up for sale, and I know it will make someone very happy

· Batteries not required
1,118 Posts
Ya gotta love it

I understand. It's vital to be completely satisfied with a high-end purchase otherwise what's the point? I finally got my Orca frame this month and am waiting for parts to finish it. I fully expect to mesh well with mine, but I won't know for sure until it's built and I'm rollin'! Until then I can't stop staring at it!

Good luck with the Prince. That is an awesome bike and I certainly don't see too many of them on the road.

· Registered
484 Posts
In my experience, proper fitting of a Pinarello frame is by far the most complex. I don't need to tell you that they based their frame size from the center BB to the intersection of seat tube and top tube. What I thought is the right frame always turns out too big on a Pinarello. My recommendation is to actually ride the actual size that you are planning to buy. Although many LBS don't stock Princes, this option is very limited. My recommendation is to rent one from Competitive Cyclist for a week. It could be money well spent against buyer's remorse after the first 100 miles.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good advice

I have never purchased a new ride without sitting on it, and never considered buying online. I used a combination of the Accufit software info (tape and dowel measurements), Tim having me measure my Orca, which fits like a glove, he checked online what the geometry for the Orca was, did calculations, came up at a size, I opted, as I usually do for a slightly smaller frame, which actually was the size he came up with. I was impressed. I completely forgot about the loaner program at C.C., and the LBS (well if you call 1 1/2 hrs away, local), never sold a Prince let-alone had one on the floor to try. Hoping for the best.
Congrats on the Orca Bunn, wish I could keep both, it's got beautiful lines...

· Batteries not required
1,118 Posts
prschatt said:
Congrats on the Orca Bunn, wish I could keep both, it's got beautiful lines...
Thanks! I'm looking forward to pictures of your new Prince! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.