Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shaving my head for a couple of years now. But I think I want to let it grow out. Only thing is I have thick coarse hair. I'm wondering if it might be a bad idea. Any products out there to for guys that control frizzy dry hair.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
I don't do "product". Grow your man-bush and let it frizz as the Lord God intended. Chicks dig that.

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
I've been shaving my head for ten years. Mostly because it doesn't grow at all on top. I only wish I had the problems that you have. Shaved head for me from here on out.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I started going bald a dozen or so years ago. I kept my hair buzzed to nothing more than stubble until last year when I started shaving it.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
this thread reminds me I need to have the lines reshaved in the side of my mullet

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
R1000 said:
I'm wondering if it might be a bad idea. Any products out there to for guys that control frizzy dry hair.
No product. Get a cut/style that will stay reasonable looking without putting a bunch of sh*t in your hair. The mildest baby shampoo you can get, use it as infrequently as you can deal with. Don't blow dry.

Because my hair is pretty unruly even when I follow my own rules, I usually just cut it myself like below--so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
i have an old, out-dated, 1990s haircut. i have been tryin to figure out what to change it to, but i have some dinner plates for ears. i use the hair to hide them.

bam margera as weltyed (my hair is frizzier and i have brown eyes. and hedges for eyebrows):

The Wife usually cuts it, until she stopped a few months back. after two months of coldwar, she begged me to just go get it cut someplace. i went to sport clips and tried to talk the chick through the process. she was in over her head, as i think they just give fauxhawk cuts there. luckily i bought a hat just before heading in.

when i got home The Wife asked, oh my god. what did she do?
not what i asked, told, or directed.
did she even cut it?
yeah, but she chopjobbed it
thats it. i think i need to cut your hair from now on.

i am both the winner and loser in this cold war.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
I kinda do the messy salt and pepper George Clooney thing. I like it Lance-length but I've been told that it makes me look 10 years older and I can't afford that. I have very thick hair and it has a mind of its own.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I started loosing the hair in high school. You can see my drastically receding hairline in my various prom pictures. I fought that through college and then smartened up and started shaving it with clippers. I've kept it that way for the last 13+ years and can't ever see going back.

·
hold my beer n watch this
1,756 Posts
#1 clipper, it's about the best I can do on top.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
as short as possible. Is that a "style"?

started doing a to-the-skin clipper cut (use the tiny little 'detail' clippers, they get closer than standard clippers) last year as a solidarity/support thing when my wife was losing her hair during chemo. Her hair started growing back when her treatment anded, I am still digging the zero maintenance shearings.

·
Proud luddite
7,236 Posts
If I had a full head of hair, I'd be rocking the mullet. Since I'm pretty bald, the best I can do is a skullet....and that look only works for Gallagher and Larry from the Three Stooges. So I just keep it short and deal with it.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
I've gone with the receding in front and grayish thinning look on top. I'm thinking about upgrading to the comb-over look.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
mostly just mow what's left with #2 guard on the dog clipper.

oh, and the occasional session with scissors after a few beers...always an adventure.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
I have a shorter, modified Blagojevich/Lego Guy. Like this -- only with more gray.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.