Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Hamilton's website to see his little blurb about - surprise - his total innocence re Operation Puerto and noticed there's a Phonak link (and what looks like a lot of other sponsors) at the top of his page. Does anyone know if Phonak is going to pick him up after his suspension in September-maybe with all their suspended riders they are putting together a summer training team to ride all those charity rides together....

·
It's in the game!
2,060 Posts
I don't think so

stevesbike said:
I Does anyone know if Phonak is going to pick him up after his suspension in September-maybe with all their suspended riders they are putting together a summer training team to ride all those charity rides together....
Just like Gerosteiner not touching Hondo with a 10ft pole. Phonak/IShares is just getting their groove back. I don't see them wanting to cause any controversy.

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
with all the denials, i doubt any pro tour team will pick him up. not until he admits he did anything. i used to believe him, even when they he mentioned there might have been a person blackmailing individuals on phonak. but when he went all xfiles and started the "phantom twin" thing, i lost respect.

maybe amgen will start a continental team? get a bunch of riders who have been implicated with doping in the past to ride clean and mention how abuse of amgen products is bad. like bumped down a few tax brackets in salary bad.

·
Registered
839 Posts
asgelle said:
You do realize that person is in jail now convicted of blackmail.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/nov05/nov18news
I think that is a big deal! If you read the details of the case, it seems to me that there is a very high probability of foul play!

Also, Tyler never claimed to have the whole Chimera dead twin thing - it was used as an example of how the test was flawed because it didn't take into account all possibilities. Actually, if you go to Tyler's site and read about the whole affair, he does make a somewhat compelling case for himself. But the recent revelations (particularly the fax to his wife) could be very damning. If I were him, and I were innocent, I'd be offering my blood immediately for a DNA match to prove it wasn't mine. If he doesn't do something like that, then I would tend to believe he cheated.

So come on Tyler - step up to the plate and prove to us all that you're clean!

(I guess using a baseball euphimism is a bit pun-nish here)

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
HOLY CRAP! i actually did NOT know that guy was in jail. that seems to have been swept under the carpet. i remember watching an HBO inside sports with him and they talked about the flaws of testing. i expected to hear the blackmail thing, but they never mentioned it.

why, then, did tyler not use this guy as a scapegoat and in his defense. i think it is much easier to believe/prove that this guy who threatened to taint blood samples than it is the blood chimera.

and, for what its worth, my mom had a phantom twin. they didnt know until she started to have some serious medical issues, culminating in the diagnosis of myasthenia gravis. during one of her surgeries they ended up extracting a mass they believe was remenants of the undeveloped fetus.
gross.

·
Registered
20 Posts
weltyed said:
why, then, did tyler not use this guy as a scapegoat and in his defense. i think it is much easier to believe/prove that this guy who threatened to taint blood samples than it is the blood chimera.

Possibly because the blackmailer was part of the Spanish dope lab [who else would be able to correctly predict test results for Tyler and his Phonak teamates?] and in proving himself the victim of blackmail, he also proved himself guilty.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
boomersooner4900 said:
Possibly because the blackmailer was part of the Spanish dope lab [who else would be able to correctly predict test results for Tyler and his Phonak teamates?] and in proving himself the victim of blackmail, he also proved himself guilty.

ding ding ding, we have a winner!

·
Registered
366 Posts
boomersooner4900 said:
HOLY DRACULA BATMAN!
WHAT A COOL THEORY!!(I'm "shouting" because I'm so excited by all this.)
I'll bet Tyler is slapping his head and letting out a little "DOH" right now.
And maybe Haven shouldve come up with something other than her maiden name on the paperwork. How about her name backwards? Nevah Tug! How's that? Bet the feds woulda never figured THAT out!! hahaha:D :D :D ..... oooo this cracks me up...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.