Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my dads mid 1980's Handbuilt Dawes english roadbike. Campagnolo components, one set of race rims and one set of training wheels both are sew-ups. We were wondering what the value of this bike?

·
What the Hell is going on
5,888 Posts
My 2 cents

I'm no expert but I play one on the Internet! Anyway, you've got a wonderful bike on your hands. There are a lot of cycling anglophiles who would pay good money for that bike. It's got top shelf Campagnolo components (looks like complete Record gruppo) and the frame still looks pristine. If you sold it to a collector, as opposed to someone looking to get a road bike, I think you could fetch over $500. IMHO.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It appears to be more of a vintage 1982-3. It has super-record, which is correct for that frame, but it has only one bottle mount and no front derailiuer braze-on: which started showing up on bikes in 1983+ years. It is a nice bicycle. I don't know how collectible that brand is but if it has nice lug-work and neat cut-outs then I think it could fetch 800+

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.