Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the title was just a hook to get someone here to listen to my whining:

I wish Ligero would help me get something on which to mount my new tires.

I'm probably on my way to becoming his most impatient customer.......if not the most irritating.....ever. My credo is to always strive to be the best, even if that best is the worst, and at all costs avoid ending up in the middle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't worry about it. I am waiting on my pair and have been e-mailing him every couple of days for updates. I actualy get to meet Troy on Sunday at a bike race in Chattanooga. Get to see his work first hand.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Best of the Best

Troy was great to talk too. So knowledgable, I feel like a I have made a great decision having him build me a wheelset. I only talked to him over a 2 day period before I made my choice and placed my order for the Crostini 3.1 rims and Tune hubs. 24/28 spoke count. 1279g for a set of clinchers!! Sweet! (I only weigh 145bs so they wheel should the that cat's buttock).
Very fair pricing too!
The wait for the wheels will be painful but I am also anxious for my M5 brakes, Time ASX cranks, M2 qr's and other cool parts that Bikenut.com in San Fran hooked me up with. But don't get me started on him. He was fantastic to deal with too. More on Bikenut later/

Alpinist

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
alienator said:
I wish Ligero would help me get something on which to mount my new tires.

My credo is to always strive to be the best, even if that best is the worst, and at all costs avoid ending up in the middle.
i wish he'd get them to you, too. :rolleyes: :D

though, in all honesty, i think you are well on your way to success. unknowingly, you have become quite adept at working your "whining" into multiple threads. your subtlety and nuanced use of "small whimpers" manages to leave the impression with readers, without directly calling attention to itself. alienator, you have become "The Master of Whining Rhetoric." i salute you.

keep up the good work and i'm sure i don't even need me to ask you to let us know when the goods arrive so that you can post close ups, long shots, on bike shots, weights, etc. alienator, if you allow us to, we, the members of rbr, will help assuage your burdon by sharing in your excitement and boyish christmas-morning like anxiety. hang on just a little longer....:D :) ;) :D

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ampastoral said:
i wish he'd get them to you, too. :rolleyes: :D

though, in all honesty, i think you are well on your way to success. unknowingly, you have become quite adept at working your "whining" into multiple threads. your subtlety and nuanced use of "small whimpers" manages to leave the impression with readers, without directly calling attention to itself. alienator, you have become "The Master of Whining Rhetoric." i salute you.

keep up the good work and i'm sure i don't even need me to ask you to let us know when the goods arrive so that you can post close ups, long shots, on bike shots, weights, etc. alienator, if you allow us to, we, the members of rbr, will help assuage your burdon by sharing in your excitement and boyish christmas-morning like anxiety. hang on just a little longer....:D :) ;) :D
Your words would have me basking in the warm fuzzy glow of well earned praise, if the cold, lonely emptiness of not having my new wheels yet wasn't so pervasive.

·
T.R., conservationist
235 Posts
I really don't mind reading your posts, Alienator, but that picture kind of creaps me out a little...

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jerman said:
I really don't mind reading your posts, Alienator, but that picture kind of creaps me out a little...
Here, are these better?

·
T.R., conservationist
235 Posts
Better than what? Guys have woke up in the morning and never touched another drop after similar experiences.:eek:

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
In defense of my buddy

You have to understand Alien, he's impatient, instant gratification is his need. We Moots owners are like that, Gots to have it NOW. I haven't heard much whining about the cranks though, obviously the wheels are carrying the burden of wait much heavier. Whining is just part of the process buy which Mootsie gets new toys, first: the skilled work of not getting the italian wifey upset buy which dosh is thrown at Mootsie. Second: the fine art of groveling in buy which political forces are applied to lobby for ones ornate goals in wheel artisry and prestige.
I salute you, be impatient, wear it proudly, and whine all you want! I too can't stand to wait, (which is why I don't yet have a Vanilla) tell Troy to hurry up so we can all see the post of the new toys for the Moots!:p
Buy the way, I'm just not quite sold on the avatar alien, kinda scare me, liked the old one much better, every time I read one of your posts I've got Tim Curry? staring back at me......sheeeezz.:eek:

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jerman said:
Better than what? Guys have woke up in the morning and never touched another drop after similar experiences.:eek:
Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. It DID turn Janet and Brad's worms....

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Phat&SlowVelo said:
You have to understand Alien, he's impatient, instant gratification is his need. We Moots owners are like that, Gots to have it NOW. I haven't heard much whining about the cranks though, obviously the wheels are carrying the burden of wait much heavier.
Actually the LBS getting the cranks said they got word that 4 sets of Claviculas were leaving Germany last week, 2 of 'em being compacts. The rub is that the LBS wasn't told what length crank arms was the compacts. I'm making nightly sacrifices to the gods in the hopes that one set of the compacts will be my 175's

Phat&SlowVelo said:
Whining is just part of the process buy which Mootsie gets new toys, first: the skilled work of not getting the italian wifey upset buy which dosh is thrown at Mootsie. Second: the fine art of groveling in buy which political forces are applied to lobby for ones ornate goals in wheel artisry and prestige.
I salute you, be impatient, wear it proudly, and whine all you want! I too can't stand to wait, (which is why I don't yet have a Vanilla) tell Troy to hurry up so we can all see the post of the new toys for the Moots!:p
One way to stem the impatience is to spend money on other bits. Fer example, I bought a couple sets of Assos bibs, got some SwissStop pads, bought some Spenco gloves, ordered some prescription Rudy Kerosenes (no inserts, thank you), bought me a KMC X10SL chain. Next I think I'm gonna get me one of them Assos cowprint jerseys.....

Phat&SlowVelo said:
Buy the way, I'm just not quite sold on the avatar alien, kinda scare me, liked the old one much better, every time I read one of your posts I've got Tim Curry? staring back at me......sheeeezz.:eek:
You need to make peace with your fear. Become friends with it.

·
1,144 Posts
2 sets of Assos Bibs?

Man you are shelling it out! Better be careful Alien Italian wifey just might leave a dead horses head in your bed! Me Moots needs a set of Reynolds carbn clinchers mated to Vittora Open Corsa EVO CX (me fav threads) and the stainless Zero Gravities are just not getting it, gonna have to get the ti. Might, have to settle for some Zipp 303's, them Reynolds are steeper than 20% grade! Problem is I've got this cross project, and me IF needs new threads too. Alien how am I ever gonna get a Vanilla? you know I can't wait 18 months, I'd have to be submitted to a ward. what am I gonna do? :confused:

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phat&SlowVelo said:
Man you are shelling it out! Better be careful Alien Italian wifey just might leave a dead horses head in your bed! Me Moots needs a set of Reynolds carbn clinchers mated to Vittora Open Corsa EVO CX (me fav threads) and the stainless Zero Gravities are just not getting it, gonna have to get the ti. Might, have to settle for some Zipp 303's, them Reynolds are steeper than 20% grade! Problem is I've got this cross project, and me IF needs new threads too. Alien how am I ever gonna get a Vanilla? you know I can't wait 18 months, I'd have to be submitted to a ward. what am I gonna do? :confused:
And I forgot the other things I bought: a set of Conti GP4000's (gotta see what tire I wanna take on my 500 mile Colorado ride this summer); a buttload of Michelin tubes....I figure I'll order another couple Assos bibs in a bit.

Give in to the insanity, man. Don't fight: you'll only sprain something. Get in the Vanilla queue, and while you're waiting for it to be born, build up the crosser. Remember this important fact: as long as there are checks in the checkbook, you still have money.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Swift65 said:
Shut up and ride!
Baby, except when I'm sick, I ride every day. It's the law here in Arizona. Failure to ride or to have an adequate excuse not to ride can result with someone being charged with Failure To Appropriately Appreciate Sunshine, a felony in Arizona.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well I finally met Ligero in Chattanooga where I was able to ride a front wheel he had built up. WOW. Beautiful wheel. Amazing ride. And I finnished with the lead group in my first non-junior race. Definetly worth the 8 hours of driving. :) Now only a few more weeks. It is going to be tough to sleep the next few nights. I would keep drooling over his website, but I have exams in a few weeks. :( Ah, well... patience is a virtue.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bikeuphill9 said:
Well I finally met Ligero in Chattanooga where I was able to ride a front wheel he had built up. WOW. Beautiful wheel. Amazing ride. And I finnished with the lead group in my first non-junior race. Definetly worth the 8 hours of driving. :) Now only a few more weeks. It is going to be tough to sleep the next few nights. I would keep drooling over his website, but I have exams in a few weeks. :( Ah, well... patience is a virtue.
Ligero ignores me now. He bounces my emails; he's blocked my access to his website; and he's instructed everyone in Ligero Wheel Works' shipping and assembly departments to not pick up my calls. The other day his executive assistant had some very choice words for me.;)

I don't feel loved anymore.

·
Registered
64 Posts
How 'bout a Ride Report???

... I'm going with pretty much the same build, I'd really like to hear what you think of these wheels now that you've had the chance to put some miles on them??

Thanks!:cool:

·
1,144 Posts
Hey Mcoven...

mcoven said:
... I'm going with pretty much the same build, I'd really like to hear what you think of these wheels now that you've had the chance to put some miles on them??

Thanks!:cool:
You wouldn't be thinking of sporting those fine hoops on your Moots, would ya? :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts