Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I had a meeting today from 8:30-5:50 (I left early at 6:30!). the bathroom had a handicap urinal.

The urinal had two vertical pull bars - one on either side - of the it. Not only was it in the best urinal spot (against the wall farthest from the door), but it wasn't any lower than the other urinals. Has anyone heard of such a thing? My old college roomate had spinal biffida, and I know he would rather use the handicap stall as it has more room and privacy.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i've never seen such a thing.

handicapped stalls make good changing rooms. so i generally try and use them first thing in the morning. just in case any cyclists feel they need to change at work.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
Yes, I am guilty of regularly using the cripple-crapper at my place of employment. It seems to work better than the standard sized stall, as when I am needing to wipe with tissue, I don’t go slamming my elbows into the walls of the stall (I am tall and have long appendages). Additionally, the cripple-crapper is great for changing into cycling clothes when I am ready to cycle home from work.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
weltyed said:
...The urinal had two vertical pull bars - one on either side - of the it...
Did you pee on the handles?

weltyed said:
...Not only was it in the best urinal spot...
Just like the parking lot, handicapped people get all the good spots.

weltyed said:
...it wasn't any lower than the other urinals. ...he would rather use the handicap stall as it has more room and privacy.
Bet your buddy has had to wait plenty of times while someone was using the handicap stall to change, wank off, read the paper or whatever.

My apologies to truly handicapped people. My frustration is directed at those who are just fat and lazy and manage to get themselves handicapped stickers. I never park in a handicapped parking spot but I always make a point of parking in spots marked for mothers with small children.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Leopold Porkstacker said:
Yes, I am guilty of regularly using the cripple-crapper at my place of employment. It seems to work better than the standard sized stall, as when I am needing to wipe with tissue, I don’t go slamming my elbows into the walls of the stall (I am tall and have long appendages). Additionally, the cripple-crapper is great for changing into cycling clothes when I am ready to cycle home from work.

Gee... haven't you thought calling them "cripples" is a bit demeaning? It's not exactly their fault.

Wait until YOU have a disability...:mad:

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Never heard of a handicap urinal. I wonder if the business had an employee that had a need for it.

A few weeks ago I rode up a ski lift with a guy that probably would be happy to have access to one. He didn't have feeling below his knees, and couldn't lift his left foot, or push down with his right. He was with a group of handicap skiers in the seated uni-skis. I asked him if he was a coach because he didn't look like he had a handicap. He explained his situation and said he just had a hard time with balance because of the lack of sensation. I would think he would use a handicap urinal.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
CleavesF said:
Gee... haven't you thought calling them "cripples" is a bit demeaning? It's not exactly their fault.

Wait until YOU have a disability...:mad:
It’s a terminology I picked up from my brother in law’s best friend Doug, who has been a paraplegic since some time in the early 1990s. So flame away, cornjobber.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
It’s a terminology I picked up from my brother in law’s best friend Doug, who has been a paraplegic since some time in the early 1990s. So flame away, cornjobber.
Your a retard:D

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts

I used to work for someone who had a significant disability as the consequence of a stroke. He often would refer to himself as a "cripple." But, he would have had my head on a plate had I referred to him as a "cripple." I think it is like the N word. If you are something like a rapper you can use it, but were I (a white guy) to use it, all hell would break loose.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
MarkS said:
I used to work for someone who had a significant disability as the consequence of a stroke. He often would refer to himself as a "cripple." But, he would have had my head on a plate had I referred to him as a "cripple." I think it is like the N word. If you are something like a rapper you can use it, but were I (a white guy) to use it, all hell would break loose.
yup...used to work for an older guy that had polio as a kid and had to wear one of those special shoes--he called himself "gimpy" but nobody would ever have thought to say that to his face.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
MarkS said:
My wife still doesn’t understand the whole “N-bomb” word… but then again, she is from Africa, blacker than any African-American up to snuff on the derogatory science behind the crude and vulgar term. Hell, by marriage right (had a traditional Kikuyu wedding in Kenya even!) I am probably blacker, too! LOL!:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts